Author Topic: analyzing files  (Read 1317 times)

CasualMUsh

when i imported my directory to musicbee a lot of files dint analyzing correctly - i know for sure that all my tags for all my songs are correct - these files show all tags missing but i went and found the songs and looked the propertys and they clearly are showing

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Select one of the songs -> Right-click it -> Send to -> File Rescan

If that works, you can then do it for the whole library.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

…i know for sure that all my tags for all my songs are correct - these files show all tags missing but i went and found the songs and looked the propertys and they clearly are showing…
Welcome to the forum CasualMUsh
Are you sure all your tags are correct (and complete)?

I don't see 'artist' in your screenshot here:

CasualMUsh

contributing artist and album artist are both showing correctly under property's - and thank you for the welcome to the forums :) plus i will try the right click send to rescan aswell

CasualMUsh

i think the rescan work amazingly - thank you so much for this incite - i really appreciate this

hiccup

To me it is still weird that the very basic 'artist' tag doesn't show in your screenshot.
Great that your issue seems solved for now, but you may want to take a better look at what is going on.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
i think the rescan work amazingly - thank you so much for this incite - i really appreciate this
Glad to hear that champ.
To me it is still weird that the very basic 'artist' tag doesn't show in your screenshot.
I think it's a windows explorer thing. Just checked and it doesn't seem to have an 'artist' field...it uses 'contributing artists' instead.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

I think it's a windows explorer thing. Just checked and it doesn't seem to have an 'artist' field...it uses 'contributing artists' instead.
Ah yes, Windows is known not to be much interested, nor making any serious effort in managing metadata for audio files very well.

A solution to improve on this:
https://www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm

After installing this, all relevant metadata for audio files will be displayed (and be editable) when right-clicking an audio file.

edit:
A promotional comment, if you are using Softpoiner's Tag&Rename (very nice and useful), this feature is included and will be available by default.
Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 08:41:33 PM by hiccup

CasualMUsh

i was using media monkey for awhile - but i switched to a new computer and instead of paying for gold again i wanted to see if there way a good alternative - is musicbee a paying application - i couldnt find where there is a paid version - and also i use traktor pro to write all the necessary metadata - i did have another question though - lets say in <year> and i have tracks both - 1995 and 1/07/1995 - will i get a fold for both 1995 and 1/07/1995 or will both be in the same 1995 folder

hiccup

- is musicbee a paying application - i couldnt find where there is a paid version -
MusicBee is completely free to use.
And it doesn't have any hidden or concealed sorts of commercial interests or revenues.
If you enjoy and value it, you can contribute to this forum with valuable input, or make a financial donation to the sole developer. (see the button at the bottom right of the main forum page)

- i did have another question though - lets say in <year> and i have tracks both - 1995 and 1/07/1995 - will i get a fold for both 1995 and 1/07/1995 or will both be in the same 1995 folder
This forum (same as most fora) has a certain structure that helps to keep things together.
For any specific question it is best to create a specific topic on the 'Questions' board with an appropriate title.
(after having done some good forum research, obviously)
That will work much better for anyone else looking for similar questions and solutions.

CasualMUsh

i respect that - and i will look for that topic - this is actually my very first time posting on a forum - but i understand - thanks for all the help so far forum members - appreciate yous