Author Topic: creating folders  (Read 1020 times)

CasualMUsh

ive searched through about 10 pages and typed in several different ways to try and find out if when creating (auto organized folders) for <year> if i have 1995 and 1/07/1995 if i will create separate folders or will both be in a 1995 folder - appreciate any incite on this

hiccup

Try using <Year (yyyy)> instead of <Year>

(and, the topic title could have been more descriptive and accurate and to the point)

CasualMUsh

thank you hiccup for the replay - next time i will be "more descriptive and accurate and to the point" should my title have been (ive searched through about 10 pages and typed in several different ways to try and find out if when creating (auto organized folders) for <year> if i have 1995 and 1/07/1995 if i will create separate folders or will both be in a 1995 folder) or what would you have wrote - my bad on that - like before, ive never been on a forum before.

hiccup

haha, I am pretty sure that:
"(ive searched through about 10 pages and typed in several different ways to try and find out if when creating (auto organized folders) for <year> if i have 1995 and 1/07/1995 if i will create separate folders or will both be in a 1995 folder)"
won't fit as a title.

But on a more serious note: if you dissect this specific issue of yours, it comes down to handling year, dates, date formats.
So it would be good if such was described in the title.
No worries, with all these comments, anybody doing a forum search should be able to find and understand what is going on here.
And I hope you do too.

CasualMUsh

oooh ok, i get it now - thanks for that - and in the future i will try to be exact in the title - the <year(yyyy)> did work - i just didnt see it all the way at the bottom of the scroll section - appreciate you on this