Author Topic: TM Resembling The "Now Playing Bar" Element/Panel  (Read 6008 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
This Theater Mode is specifically for users who like using the Now Playing Bar, but would like to have some changes made.
It is meant to be a replicate of the original. So any changes/differences to the layout are not intended.
The only change I sought to make was the lyrics width (as a means to show you how it's one of the many changes that you can make with a TM of your own).

Here's a comparison of the two. The image on the lower half is what you currently have (MusicBee's default).

How To Apply
-Download the zipped file here.
-Extract the xml file to ...\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.Embeded
-Inside MusicBee, select the file from the "Theater Mode" list under the now playing bar  header menu.

Additional Information
-I have used a couple of virtual tags to represent some of the track information. More on this is commented out in the xml file.

@Hiccup...thanks a lot for this.
Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 05:43:52 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

The Incredible Boom Boom

Looks great!

I might take this and add player controls.
Then I can get rid of the Sidebar Player and save that bit of space.
I'm guessing not (at least right now), but can this cycle through all of a folder's album artwork?
If not,  I wonder if there is a way to do so without having to make a wish request.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I'm guessing not (at least right now), but can this cycle through all of a folder's album artwork?
The ReadMe text file in ...\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List  has this...
Code
rotationFolder: optional override for the rotation sub-folder. By default, images in "<settings filename>.Rotation" folder will be loaded for rotation. But when this element is set, the images will be loaded from the SharedArtwork sub-folder eg. <settings rotationFolder="ZZZ" /> will load rotation images from "Plugins\TheaterMode.List\SharedArtwork\ZZZ\"

Edit:
I'm actually not entirely sure what you mean there.
But if you mean, can the rotated images be picked up from the soundtrack pictures location specified in Preferences -> Tags(1)...then yes this TM currently does that.
Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 02:00:54 AM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

Nice work!

Quote from: Mayibongwe
@Hiccup...thanks a lot for this.
Thank you, it's always nice to learn someone uses and appreciates something you made.