Author Topic: Bug Report  (Read 3926 times)

Xinnot

This error is happening every time I try to change tabs:

MusicBee v3.4.7805.33439P  (Win10.0), 17 dez 2021 11:18:

System.ArgumentException: Controls created on one thread cannot be parent controls of a control on another thread.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at #=zzg1GTj6x2EHXFj4DhHBpVTI=.#=zEdfw5q0=(Control #=zOe2L_eE=)
   at #=zglOqaGmr5Q8sMQ0bmPJsTTw=.#=zEdfw5q0=(Control #=zOe2L_eE=)
   at #=zziapYCHkKIL0B5EplaYmmhGl87_u.#=zCRGePxqySKMvWP13pQ==(Boolean #=zyqWOhw0=)
   at #=zziapYCHkKIL0B5EplaYmmhGl87_u.#=zlfWKwDhBkHI9(Boolean #=zKfJQFsZwNQTu)
   at #=zziapYCHkKIL0B5EplaYmmhGl87_u.#=zfIXr4i0hdUGH.#=zZzoP0GiGgNu6(Int32 #=zgQcwRcw=, Boolean #=zKfJQFsZwNQTu)
   at #=zziapYCHkKIL0B5EplaYmmhGl87_u.#=zfIXr4i0hdUGH.#=zUeHmljp4vtKL(MouseEventArgs #=zJqXIhV8=)
   at #=zziapYCHkKIL0B5EplaYmmhGl87_u.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=zJqXIhV8=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zSwTkwis$1grROSU74dSdKWE=.WndProc(Message& #=z4XtD8jw=)
   at #=zziapYCHkKIL0B5EplaYmmhGl87_u.WndProc(Message& #=z4XtD8jw=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:27:03 PM by Xinnot

Xinnot

Find out the cause, one of the default skins has this error, Dark-Fined Tuned.

sveakul

Find out the cause, one of the default skins has this error, Dark-Fined Tuned.
Which one(s) of the Dark-Fine Tuned skin group produces the error?  Tabs fine with the ones I've tried.  MusicBee  3.4.8011 P.

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
also if you use any custom tab layouts or custom views, the folders/files in MusicBee/AppData/Saved Settings/*

The Incredible Boom Boom

Weird... I fell asleep with MusicBee on, woke up and discovered it had crashed.
I reopened it this morning and am now having a similar tab-switch attempt crashing issue as the original poster.
Track list tabs work properly, but everything else (Music Explorer, Add Tab, etc.) causes a crash.
I've sent my settings and layouts.

Code
10.0.19042.0 - 3.4.8001.32143P - System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at #=zk$BBDiFbdnASd7DDwgqkNOi6TdtL.#=zFLCBwp8=(MethodInvoker #=zv0BsWPE=)
   at #=zA8IN7vana6jMELu8cTSOt4qkGLJP.#=qoB0y6FG5Y_b92I9fcsSZ3DHr1hF9Iqryi4jcMzMlW3Q=._Lambda$__0()

So far, this is the only error log entry created as a result of the issue.

EDIT: For my issue, it's something in the settings file unrelated to the layouts folder. I copy/pasted a previous install's layouts to my current install and encountered the crash. Then, I replaced the current install's settings file with the previous and can navigate tabs fine. I then replaced the previous layouts folder with the current layout and (using the previous settings file), tabs load as before.

P.S. Since you have my layouts and settings file, do you notice any lag or speed issues? There's a noticeable few second delay I have when switching tabs. It might be the <CUSTOM SORT> Virtual Tag, but I experience delay when using tabs that sort with that tag? My library file size is about 168MB.
Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 01:41:24 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

Steven

• Administrator
Track list tabs work properly, but everything else (Music Explorer, Add Tab, etc.) causes a crash.
I cannot reproduce any issues using the files you sent

The Incredible Boom Boom

I cannot reproduce any issues using the files you sent

Ok, I diffed the previous settings file and the current one and slowly added the most recent changes until I narrowed it down completely.
<Virtual23> is used in Sorting/Grouping as the third parameter for defining an album. Some time ago, I added <Virtual5> (which references numerous other Virtual Tags) to <Virtual23>, but never had any issues.
But, that was what was causing MB to crash when clicking on any tab that didn't use the Tracks view.

So, my issue is likely different from the original poster's, but maybe the above info gives you any idea on implementing some handling to prevent future errors.
Or maybe a warning in the Sorting/Grouping panel that using Virtual Tags to define an album can lead to problems?
Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 12:40:06 AM by The Incredible Boom Boom

Steven

• Administrator
i've looked into this further but the error thrown simply does not make sense - basically its saying the main window hasnt been displayed yet which clearly cant be true. So i will leave your one unsolved but if you can reliably reproduce then i could create a debug version

The Incredible Boom Boom

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this version which hopefully will give me a few more clues what is going on

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5mph7tqyd0b0mvy/MusicBeeDebug.zip/file

The Incredible Boom Boom

Opened MusicBee. It loaded the INBOX tab, which is set to Tracks view.
Clicked the Main Panel tab, which is Artists view and MB crashed.

Code
12/26/2021 6:41:35 AM - tab=Inbox,action=RetrieveContent,trace=   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zhi1qIANtTq0S(#=zWTIRGa2kUGH0 #=ziP8jqYM=, #=zMjW_oVI= #=zldk0GAI=, #=z0$Z_7eo= #=zRw_ht7GUWlrD, #=zrtXKKk6dZrMItsXSaABBQgM= #=zEa9RRGE=, Boolean #=zWQG7E8EZ17Nk, Boolean #=zimETeEDAR6$1xLolOw==)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zhndk7WxVQj3D(#=zQryrK8Sq4JvXTyZQhRcvPeI= #=zyux5VOWt5ZTh, Boolean #=zo0qcSAqm4B5h, #=zMjW_oVI= #=zldk0GAI=, #=zKWCzM7SoLP6CCkf7vCgMuJ0= #=zbNJPOuDaJUNY, Boolean #=zSsQOatEx4hHB, #=zVLQxYFGdSQC7Lhrv9RTOlaY= #=zdaFiqGO_3Xbh, #=zcSt_itMFqv7YK9JWPg$PHsw=[] #=zA2QiJ$hVhkTc, Boolean #=zWQG7E8EZ17Nk)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im..ctor()
   at #=zlZyuP41N7wnIV6s0KXlE1st$eHkN.Main(String[] args)
12/26/2021 6:41:35 AM - load
12/26/2021 6:41:35 AM - shown

The error seemed a bit sparse, so I did it again. This time, as you can tell from the log...
Opened MusicBee again... to the INBOX tab...
Then, clicked the ADDED tab - also Tracks view - and next clicked the HOLIDAY tab, which is set to Album Covers. Crash.
Code
12/26/2021 6:44:16 AM - tab=Inbox,action=RetrieveContent,trace=   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zhi1qIANtTq0S(#=zWTIRGa2kUGH0 #=ziP8jqYM=, #=zMjW_oVI= #=zldk0GAI=, #=z0$Z_7eo= #=zRw_ht7GUWlrD, #=zrtXKKk6dZrMItsXSaABBQgM= #=zEa9RRGE=, Boolean #=zWQG7E8EZ17Nk, Boolean #=zimETeEDAR6$1xLolOw==)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zhndk7WxVQj3D(#=zQryrK8Sq4JvXTyZQhRcvPeI= #=zyux5VOWt5ZTh, Boolean #=zo0qcSAqm4B5h, #=zMjW_oVI= #=zldk0GAI=, #=zKWCzM7SoLP6CCkf7vCgMuJ0= #=zbNJPOuDaJUNY, Boolean #=zSsQOatEx4hHB, #=zVLQxYFGdSQC7Lhrv9RTOlaY= #=zdaFiqGO_3Xbh, #=zcSt_itMFqv7YK9JWPg$PHsw=[] #=zA2QiJ$hVhkTc, Boolean #=zWQG7E8EZ17Nk)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im..ctor()
12/26/2021 6:44:16 AM - load
12/26/2021 6:44:16 AM - shown
12/26/2021 6:47:03 AM - tab=Playlist,action=RetrieveContent,trace=   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zPbzM1PIp9Mlr(Boolean #=zWQG7E8EZ17Nk)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zSSZuyk0vSIDc.#=zZURLHlL7ip$z(Int32 #=zWa2znm0=, Boolean #=zWQG7E8EZ17Nk)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.#=zSSZuyk0vSIDc.#=zdk2wFrRyYq1I(MouseEventArgs #=zgIsHaWg=)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=zgIsHaWg=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zvAoFwMXTfpmNypc2sqE2hQM=.WndProc(Message& #=z4EWfE8U=)
   at #=zNw1gc6dmr6WcbwzSi_PPhoqlR0Im.WndProc(Message& #=z4EWfE8U=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

Steven

• Administrator
there is no record of the actual exception - is that the full log for today?

The Incredible Boom Boom

there is no record of the actual exception - is that the full log for today?

It was.
I've tried a few times today and am unable to log an Exception message.
It just keeps repeating the same as above.