Author Topic: Synced Lyrics  (Read 3034 times)

RawkLee

I really like the Synced Lyrics function, but it is disappointing that there are practically no options at customization.

Specifically, there are two things that I would like to see.

One, is the ability to change the opacity of the lyrics. It would be nice to be able to see the rest of the lyrics better, especially with the option to click on a lyric and jump to that part of the song (which I thing is totally neato.)

The second one, and the one that I thing would be immensely helpful, is the ability to have lyrics fade in and out.
The reason for this is because, when downloading synced lyrics from the internet, a lot of them are not perfectly in sync. This is bad.

An example.

https://gfycat.com/composedincrediblekoala
(turn on audio, and compare the MusicBee synced lyrics, to MiniLyrics on the right. Both are using the same lyrics.)

I downloaded the synced lyrics using a foobar plugin, and as you can see/hear in the MusicBees lyrics displayer, it cuts off the lines before the end. This is annoying, and very not nice. But, MiniLyrics with the fading in and out, is totally fine.

Thats why I think that having fade in and out an option would help out a lot. It would allow room for error.

And I know that I could continue using MiniLyrics, but it would be nice for MusicBee to have these functions built in.
And I also know that I could make or fix the synced lyrics myself, but that is a serious time investment.

Anyways, I hope that you consider these implementations. MusicBee is the best music player out there,  and I think these would make it even better.

Thanks.
Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:33:58 AM by phred

phred

• Global Moderator
I removed the color tags from your post as it was dark gray on black when viewed in the forum's dark mode.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

RawkLee

I removed the color tags from your post as it was dark gray on black when viewed in the forum's dark mode.

Sorry about that.