Author Topic: Alphabetize Playlists  (Read 2505 times)

CLB1058

Hi,, My Playlists Names are displayed in seemingly random order.. How do I get them to display Alphabetically... Not the playlist content [ songs ] but the Playlist Titles themselves... Normally by default it should be this way but I got a quirk..Thxs

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Please add a screenshot of where you are seeing the random sorting of playlists as I can't recall a time when they -weren't- sorted alphabetically.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

CLB1058

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't have an  answer, but I noticed that the third playlist (Klub Misc) has a space before the 'K' which would definitely prevent it from being sorted properly.

Please post a screenshot of the settings for two of the playlists - one that starts with a number and another that starts with a letter.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

That seems strange to me too.
When I create a new playlist it gets automatically placed according to the alphabet.
(except for that the different types of playlists such as normal playlists, auto-playlists etc. are kept together)

What happens if you create a new playlist?
Where does it get positioned? At the bottom?

phred

• Global Moderator
(except for that the different types of playlists such as normal playlists, auto-playlists etc. are kept together)
I find no difference where a new playlist is placed no matter if it's a static playlist or an auto-playlist. As soon as I click save, it positions itself where it should be alphabetically. Static and Auto are intermingled.
Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:24:21 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

I find not difference where a new playlist is placed no matter if it's a static playlist or an auto-playlist. As soon as I click save, it positions itself where it should be alphabetically. Static and Auto are intermingled.
That's strange and interesting.
While testing I created some different sorts of playlist in a random order and they show up very well-behaved like this:
(grouped by playlist type)

It's probably only the guy behind the coding wheels that could clear this up.

phred

• Global Moderator
That's strange and interesting.
Could be due to the "to each his own" theory of alphabetizing.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is "manual playlist sorting" ticked under the playlist explorer header menu? That could be a cause.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

Is "manual playlist sorting" ticked under the playlist explorer header menu? That could be a cause.
And here I am, sometimes frowning down on other users thinking "that lazy b'stard hasn't even tried right clicking on the header".

CLB1058

Thxs guys, Im New to Music Bee and I love it but Im not New to Digital Audio Mgmt for I own a few of the Top Purchased music managers like JRiver and Media Monkey because I hav a music collection three quarters of a Million tracks and have Never encountered this before but Im always up to learning something new....:)..............Ive created 2 additional playlists since the picture I posted and it added them to the End of the playlists list............. Ill wait a little longer for a fix, if not, then I will export the playlists to a folder, uninstall the copy of Music Bee Im using, then install a New copy of Music Bee and the Import the playlists into it.........What yall think

hiccup

Ill wait a little longer for a fix…
Sorry, the responses given (me: guilty) may have been a little bit too much in-crowd.

This doesn't need a fix. If you right-click on the header bar you can toggle 'Manual Playlist Sorting'.
Feel free to continue this thread if that doesn't fix your problem.