Author Topic: Equalizer Presets Not Appearing in Equalizer Settings (Solved)  (Read 2062 times)

DOOM

Hello everyone. First time posting here.
I cannot use any equalizer presets for some reason. Even the experimental ones I've created to see if they're available. They simply do not appear in the settings window.

I've even checked my equalizer folder, and found all the .sde files. Including the ones I've created to test them out.

In the screenshot, you will find my Equalizer's Preset bar on the left. On the right is my folder containing all the .sde files; (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Equaliser) .

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Music Bee, yet nothing's worked. It really bothers me since I'm an avid equaliser user   :-X

UPDATE: I just solved it. The equalizer is finally working.
Previous times, when I tried reinstalling the Installer version, I hadn't deleted the remaining folder named MusicBee in my ProgramFiles(x86) folder after the uninstallation. But now, I deleted the folder after uninstalling it from the Control Panel. Then I installed it again (using a yet another downloaded .zip from the website). I was pleasantly surprised when I found the playlists I had created, along with all the interface changes I've made.

If it's of any importance, the only file/folder remaining in the MusicBee folder after uninstalling it were:

-bass_alac.dll
and
-Equaliser (folder)

Thank you all for the quick feedback!
Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 11:04:20 AM by DOOM

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

If you're not using the Portable version, I suggest getting it for no other reason than to see if they show up. Be sure to install the Portable in a non-Windows controlled directory. Something like C:\MusicBee.

You can have the Portable version installed at the same time as Store or Installer. Just don't put them in the same directory.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DOOM

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

If you're not using the Portable version, I suggest getting it for no other reason than to see if they show up. Be sure to install the Portable in a non-Windows controlled directory. Something like C:\MusicBee.

You can have the Portable version installed at the same time as Store or Installer. Just don't put them in the same directory.

Hey, Phred. Installing the portable version helped, but I'd like my original one to work properly since I've made all sorts of customizations. I'll keep this as a back-up plan though. Thanks!

The version of my original MB is 3.4.7805
Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:35:57 PM by DOOM

phred

• Global Moderator
Installer or Store?
If the Installer then apply the patch from my signature. I'm not really sure if it will help, but at least you'll be on the latest version. If the Store version then you can't apply any patches.

It truly sounds like something is corrupt in your installation. You said you uninstalled and reinstalled already, but for the reinstall did you use the same installer file? If so I suggest downloading it again from the download page.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

DOOM

Installer or Store?
If the Installer then apply the patch from my signature. I'm not really sure if it will help, but at least you'll be on the latest version. If the Store version then you can't apply any patches.

It truly sounds like something is corrupt in your installation. You said you uninstalled and reinstalled already, but for the reinstall did you use the same installer file? If so I suggest downloading it again from the download page.

I initially had the Installer one. Then I tried the Microsoft Store one, and the equaliser works fine, but all the modification's I've made aren't available

I tried replacing the files in my installation folder with the ones in your .rar. Didn't do the trick :-\

I've tried using a different installer. Thing is, it had disappeared by itself before I reinstalled it. The reinstallation is not the cause of the issue, but an attempt to resolve it.
Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 10:40:01 PM by DOOM

DOOM

Perhaps some antivirus software interfering here?
Added it to Firewall and Windows Security exceptions. Didn't work.