Author Topic: Tool for label search?  (Read 1385 times)

Maximizer

Hello friends.  I'm a newbie here and have a question about finding music among labels.  Is there some kind of add-on for the bee so that you can follow the releases of different labels or just go to different labels and look for new items?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe this will help you. In the left navigator, under 'services' there is a section for 'upcoming releases.' I don't use it, but just loaded it and it does show upcoming releases. I don't know how complete it is nor do I know what the source is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Maximizer.
Besides phred's suggestion, you could also create a custom weblink that uses your tag for 'label' and the publisher's website.

Maximizer

Maybe this will help you. In the left navigator, under 'services' there is a section for 'upcoming releases.' I don't use it, but just loaded it and it does show upcoming releases. I don't know how complete it is nor do I know what the source is.
Welcome to the forum Maximizer.
Besides phred's suggestion, you could also create a custom weblink that uses your tag for 'label' and the publisher's website.

Thank you both for your answer, but I meant more here, to be able to search for music and track it from different labels, because in modern streaming services, there is little emphasis on finding music through labels. I assumed there was some plugin that could do this.
- Suggest similar labels
- Make alerts for new releases of the label I follow
- navigate inside the bee in the browser for different labels, how it works with artists

Any ideas? Maybe someone wants to write this?

phred

• Global Moderator
I assumed there was some plugin that could do this.
- Suggest similar labels
- Make alerts for new releases of the label I follow
- navigate inside the bee in the browser for different labels, how it works with artists
No such plugin exists for MB. I'm not sure how much call there would be for this as this is the first request I've seen in more than ten years on the forum.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here