Author Topic: MusicBee functions for virtual tags cheatsheet  (Read 28767 times)

hiccup

but $eq ,$le, $gt, etc?
Will do, as promised.
But it takes a clear mind to edit a BBCode formatted post like this one. (which I currently don't have ;-)
It's too easy to destroy the layout of a post like this one.

boroda

i've done it for you:

$eq(number1,number2): compares 2 integer or fractional numbers, determines if number1 is equal to number2, e.g. $eq(1.0,1) returns "T"

$ne(number1,number2): determines if number1 is not equal to number2

$gt(number1,number2): determines if number1 is greater than number2

$lt(number1,number2): determines if number1 is less than to number2

$ge(number1,number2): determines if number1 is greater than or equal to to number2

$le(number1,number2): determines if number1 is less than or equal to number2

Code
$eq(number1,number2): compares 2 integer or fractional numbers, determines if number1 is [i][b]eq[/b][/i]ual to number2, e.g. $eq(1.0,1) returns "T"

$ne(number1,number2): determines if number1 is [i][b]n[/b][/i]ot [i][b]e[/b][/i]qual to number2

$gt(number1,number2): determines if number1 is [i][b]g[/b][/i]reater [i][b]t[/b][/i]han number2

$lt(number1,number2): determines if number1 is [i][b]l[/b][/i]ess [i][b]t[/b][/i]han to number2

$ge(number1,number2): determines if number1 is [i][b]g[/b][/i]reater than or [i][b]e[/b][/i]qual to to number2

$le(number1,number2): determines if number1 is [i][b]l[/b][/i]ess than or [i][b]e[/b][/i]qual to number2

hiccup

i've done it for you:
Thanks a lot. I will update and integrate it later today.

But it's this kind of BBCode formatting I am talking about:

hiccup

updated

- new AT&RT functions were added ($eq, $ne, $gt, $lt, $ge, $le)
- virtual tag formatting (markup) functions were added

karbock

hiccup

Thanks for the [anchor] codes!
Patient work at its best!
Well observed karbock ;-)

Once I discovered that this could be done (and how), this seemed the post that would benefit the most from it.
(It was just a pity it happens to have some 70 candidates for anchors ;-)

edit
Also it's a bit ridiculous, the BBcode post design now has some 16.500 characters for a post that contains some 460 words ;-)
(BBCeditor is huffing and puffing on it, icecaps melting)
Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 07:01:25 AM by hiccup

hiccup

Yo, this deserves to be wiki'd or sticki'd.
In a world where user manuals still exist, this would be eppendix'd.

I'm coming from Media Monkey where I managed to come up with my own sort-of-compicated auto-organizing mask. MusicBee's is a bit more of a head-scratcher for me and this is really helping. I think this has some good explanatory power for the common end user and should be more easily referenced and found.
Nice work.
Thnx HickyPop.
I agree with the sticky part of your post. I find myself searching and scrolling often when searching for it myself ;-)
It also has accumulated a lot of views, so I am guessing it is quite helpful to many others too.

edit:
I see it's done. Thnx phred!

Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 04:40:32 PM by hiccup

hiccup

updated

The functions: $CharN and $Lg have been added.

Note that $Lg (logarithm) is currently only available in the latest beta release of AT&RT.

edit
@boroda, not important, but perhaps change $Lg to $Log?
Functions like $Mod and $Abs also have 3 characters, while functions as $Gt $Lt etc. have 2.
Users may think Lg means Less great  ;-)

Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 10:31:18 AM by hiccup

boroda

@boroda, not important, but perhaps change $Lg to $Log?

i named it Lg because "log" is arbitrary logarithm (any base), "lg" is decimal logarithm (base 10), and "ln" is natural logarithm (base is Euler number, ~2.71...) in mathematics. .NET decimal logarithm function is named "Log10", not simply "Log".

but if you insist, I could rename it to something else.

hiccup

i named it Lg because "log" is arbitrary logarithm (any base), "lg" is decimal logarithm (base 10), and "ln" is natural logarithm (base is Euler number, ~2.71...) in mathematics. .NET decimal logarithm function is named "Log10", not simply "Log".
I'm sure your explanation is correct.
But all the scientific calculators that I can see (google image search TI, Casio et.al ) have a 'Log' button and a 'Ln' button.
Not 'Lg' and 'Ln' buttons.
'Log' to me just seems the most used and well understood abbreviation for this purpose.
But it's obviously for you to decide.

boroda

ok, i'll rename it "log". i'm doubtful that any logarithm base other than 10 can be useful for audio/music  ;)

hiccup

i'm doubtful that any logarithm base other than 10 can be useful for audio/music  ;)
Indeed.
Well at least, I hope not.
This 'basic' Log was already pushing my (two) mathematical brain cells to their limit ;-)

purplebee

Ty for compiling this! I didn't even know half of these functions existed