Author Topic: MusicBee functions for virtual tags cheatsheet  (Read 28785 times)

HickyPop

Yo, this deserves to be wiki'd or sticki'd.
In a world where user manuals still exist, this would be eppendix'd.

I'm coming from Media Monkey where I managed to come up with my own sort-of-compicated auto-organizing mask. MusicBee's is a bit more of a head-scratcher for me and this is really helping. I think this has some good explanatory power for the common end user and should be more easily referenced and found.
Nice work.

hiccup

Nice work.
The appreciation is appreciated HickyPop. And welcome to the forum!

About the wiki part of your comment; the wiki is free for anyone to edit, update or contribute to.
And I have no reservations or problems whatsoever with anyone copying/pasting my work in this thread.
So you or anybody else is free to use it to update the wiki if desired.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
About the wiki part of your comment; the wiki is free for anyone to edit, update or contribute to.
And I have no reservations or problems whatsoever with anyone copying/pasting my work in this thread.
So you or anybody else is free to use it to update the wiki if desired.

There is an existing wiki page, but it definitely pre-dates hiccup's excellent contributions: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Functions
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

hiccup, i've removed all 3 "log" functions from tag tools plugin. please correct the cheatsheet.

hiccup

hiccup, i've removed all 3 "log" functions from tag tools plugin. please correct the cheatsheet.
Done

The Incredible Boom Boom

These maybe aren't the most friendly of examples, so I'm not sure if you want to use them, @hiccup, but here's parts of how I use these two tags.

Code
$AddDurationToDateTime(<Last Played>,<HH:MM:SS>)

Returns track's last played datetime + the album the track belongs to's duration in HH:MM:SS format
* 9/28/2022 2:16PM + 10:45:35 = 9/29/2022 01:01:35 AM

Code
$SubDurationFromDateTime($AddDurationToDateTime(<Last Played>,<HH:MM:SS>),00:<Time>)

Returns above formula -  track duration
* (9/28/2022 2:16PM + 10:45:35) - 4:06 = 9/29/2022 12:57:29 AM

boroda

Code

Returns track's last played datetime + the album the track belongs to's duration in HH:MM:SS format
do you mean 'album duration' tag?

The Incredible Boom Boom

do you mean 'album duration' tag?

Yes, pretty much. I thought I was being more clear, when maybe I was being too wordy. Lol

hiccup

These maybe aren't the most friendly of examples, so I'm not sure if you want to use them, @hiccup, but here's parts of how I use these two tags.

Code

Code
$SubDurationFromDateTime($AddDurationToDateTime(<Last Played>,<HH:MM:SS>),00:<Time>)

Returns above formula -  track duration
* (9/28/2022 2:16PM + 10:45:35) - 4:06 = 9/29/2022 12:57:29 AM

Thanks, but…  for me both formulas are rejected by MusicBee.  (failed @ <HH:MM:SS>)
Could there be some syntax error in the formulae?
(I was thinking that the arrow brackets around HH:MM:SS shouldn't be there, but removing them doesn't solve it)

boroda

The Incredible Boom Boom meant by HH:MM:SS time (duration) format to be used. users must use tag <Album Duration> instead of <HH:MM:SS>

hiccup

Ok, thanks.
But considering I am not using these functions myself, and as a result I am not able to present brief, working examples of them that fit the format and intentions of my cheat sheet, I'll leave it at this.
Users that desire to use these specific functions are probably able to get them to work anyway, or can now find it out by performing forum searches.

boroda

@hiccup, it seems that $DateCreated(<URL>) function is implemented in tag tools plugin only (it's definitely implemented at least in plugin), but it's not marked by asterisk.

hiccup

@hiccup, it seems that $DateCreated(<URL>) function is implemented in tag tools plugin only (it's definitely implemented at least in plugin), but it's not marked by asterisk.
You are right.
Thanks, it's fixed now.

hiccup

updated
$ALR, $ASR and $Char were added
Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 04:53:31 PM by hiccup