Author Topic: Character confusion.  (Read 2724 times)

Stgo

Gus Mancuso is jazz musician Ronald Bernard Mancuso. August Roney Mancuso is a professional baseball player.
Gus Mancuso es el músico de jazz Ronald Bernard Mancuso. August Roney Mancuso es jugador profesional d baseball

frankz

hiccup

Bug Reports is for describing software errors in a cohesive manner. Buck Raporte was a bus driver from Suriname.

frankz

Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a loner.

hiccup

Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a loner.
Jo Jo he's my beautiful boy.
Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:50:56 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
Gus Mancuso is jazz musician Ronald Bernard Mancuso. August Roney Mancuso is a professional baseball player.
If you're expecting any help, you've got to provide some more information about what you're trying to do and what the problem is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Stgo

Sorry. When playing a record by Gus Mancuso, Ronald Bernard Mancuso. The biographical information given by the program is that of a professional baseball player, August Roney Mancuso. Thank you,

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
When MB does not retrieve the correct artist data...here are a few steps to try that have worked for me:

1. Verify that the artist name you provided is spelt correctly.
     e.g Michael Jakson won't retrieve Michael Jackson's bio.

2. Check if the name you have is one which is recognized in the music world.
     e.g Michael Joseph Jackson (his full name) won't retrieve Michael Jackson's bio.

3. If the above is correct and MB still brings up someone else's info, then that means
     your artist is not available on the platforms (Last.Fm and Wikipedia I think) which MB gets its data from.

4. If there's more than one artist with the name you provided, MB will list all of them for you and in which case, you would have to manually edit/remove the other irrelevant artists.

So if after all this, you're still not satisfied with the retrieved results, your only option is to look for the information yourself. Search it and copy/paste it into MB.
@Stgo, I found this regarding Gus Mancuso, copy that description and replace the incorrect bio that MB is currently showing.
It's also important to note that it's not a bug when MB retrieves the "incorrect" info. There would be valid reasons as to why that happens. Some of them are mentioned above.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Stgo

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Glad I could help. Another thing to remember for anyone else who has modified artist bios...
If someday, you decide to make changes to this folder \MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\ArtistData...remember that, that is where modified artist bios are stored.
So if you were to remove that folder or the individual files inside it like "Gus Mancuso.bio.dat" , you would lose all the changes that you made to that artist's bio.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Stgo

Excellent programme and great contributor. Regards ;)