Author Topic: Sorting Column According Customized Preferences  (Read 2732 times)

EGOlein

Hi,

I need your help. I have created a custimized sorting for column Title. Like it is in iTunes I want to sort all songs by Title / Artist / Year / Album. It works by right-clicking and selecting the customized sorting in the sub-menu. But this is not comfortable when using it vey often. I just want to left-click on the column to have this sorting.

Is it possible to change the standard sorting of column Title to my customized sorting method?
Alternatively: Is it possible to create another column (e.g. Song) which shows the title with the customized sorting as a standard for left-click?

Thanks
EGOlein
Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 05:10:34 PM by EGOlein

frankz

Hold down CTRL and click the column headers of the columns in the order you've listed.

EGOlein

Hi frankz,

Thank you for your quick reply. This is working and I am sure that I can use it for some sortings but to be honest, it is still not comfortable with four criteria and therefore four columns to click on (and find them before clicking). Isn't there a more permanent way to do like I want it?

Thanks,
EGOlein

frankz

Is it somehow reverting away from this sort? 

You said you want to sort Title / Artist / Year / Album.  If you do this once, it should not change unless you change it.

EGOlein

Yes, I change it several times when I maintain the music library or search someting. I do not need the the sorting in a static way but in a agile way to work on it and therefore I am looking for a more comfortable way to resort it.
From the technical side everything is fine (nothing changes automatically) but if I am looking for something or need a special sorting I have to resort it the way you showed me or the way via right-click. It would not be an issue if I just have to do it once a day.

Best,
EGOlein

hiccup

You could create a virtual tag:
<Title> - <Artist> - <Year> - <Album>
and set it as the first column.
(you can keep it narrow if you only want to use it for sorting purposes)

EGOlein

Sorry for late response. This will work, not nice but functional.

Thanks a lot.

Best,
EGOlein

hiccup

This will work, not nice but functional.
What's not nice about it?

Perhaps that it shows cut-off titles when you drag the column to be narrow?
If that is the case, use something like:

Code
{contrast: 1}<Title> - <Artist> - <Year> - <Album>
or
Code
"                "<Title> - <Artist> - <Year> - <Album>
And name the virtual tag something brief and simple like: 'S' (for Sort, or whatever)

That should turn out
Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 11:29:32 PM by hiccup