Author Topic: Album cover related issues.  (Read 3277 times)

Shy Guy on Wheels

I have had two issues related to album artwork, for the most part it works fine, but I've found two things that seem like issues and I am rather bothered by.

1. Album Artwork is cropped in 'Album Cover' view
When the album cover view is set to display the track list directly under the album cover, it will crop the edges of the artwork so that they do not appear.

As an example:

The cover art for this album should have a border around the edge (left), but it's almost entirely removed in album cover view (right).

I'm sure you should be able to find a variety of example in your own library.

2. 'Show Album Cover' option on Player Controls does not correctly display album covers when combined with 'Auto-Pick Panel Colours'
This only seems to affect album covers that are taller then they are wide. MusicBee seems to create a grey bar that pushes the artwork out of where it is supposed to display.

This can range from a small grey bar at the top of the artwork, to completely hiding the artwork.

The issue completely goes away when auto pick panel colors is disabled, so I'd assume this is an issue with that.

Steven

• Administrator
I wont change issue as the cropping gives better results generally. For 2, thats fixed for the next update for which I will post a link later today

Steven

• Administrator

Shy Guy on Wheels

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Apologies for the late reply, but I have finally got around to trying this and it fixes the second issue just fine. Thank you.

I disagree that "cropping gives better results generally". If you feel this way perhaps you should just crop these covers yourself, leaving other album covers to not be partially destroyed by the cropping.