Author Topic: Disable alternating colors in track listing  (Read 3429 times)

WesC

I cannot figure out how to disable the alternating colors of a track listing.  Where does the second color even come from?  These are the only two lines in my xml that refer to the track detail...  what do I do all the tracks have the same bg and fg colors?  Thanks.

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="SchemeBackground" fg="SchemeLight" bdr="SchemeLight" />
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled"  bg="SchemeBackground"/>

fred

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="SchemeBackground" fg="SchemeLight" bdr="SchemeLight" />
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="SchemeBackground" fg="SchemeLight" bdr="SchemeLight" />
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled"  bg="SchemeBackground"/>

should do the trick

WesC

Thank you.  Unfortunately, the tracks are still alternating colors.  The fg in Body.Default is setting the second color (even numbered rows) but where is the primary color set (odd rows)?   

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Mind posting a screenshot of what your Tracks view looks like?
The fg in Body.Default is setting the second color (even numbered rows) but where is the primary color set (odd rows)?  
That's weird....the fg in body.default should be setting the colour of the odd rows.
You may also want to take a look at hiccup's sample skin. It'll make your life easier.
Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:00:33 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

fred

Here's some  simple tests:
(1) alternating colours - odd rows are blue background, even rows have red background
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="0,0,255" fg="255,255,255" bdr="0,0,0" />
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="255,0,0" fg="255,255,255" bdr="0,0,0" />
(2) same colour all rows have blue background
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="0,0,255" fg="255,255,255" bdr="0,0,0" />
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="0,0,255" fg="255,255,255" bdr="0,0,0" />

If you don't see this it is possible that there is are <element id="Content[TrackDetail] items that will override the settings ...

WesC

Thank you so much for the suggestions and quick replies.  I'll report what I find later tonight.

WesC

Oh brother!  I tried  your test suggestions and I was getting black and blue rows, not red.  I looked through the file again and I found a entire another section of code dealing with TrackDetails!  It was commented as "Now Playing" so I ignored it...  Very stupid.  Thank you for your help again, it pushed me to look harder.