Author Topic: Baffled Newbie - How do I make this thing  (Read 2309 times)

RBEmerson

I know this a recurring theme but here it comes again: Is there a simple way to get MusicBee running? At this point, I poke at buttons and lists. Sometimes something useful happens, more often, nothing or something of no use happens. The Intro FAQ is great for showing various panels, but does nothing for "all I want to do is go from .mp3 to speakers". At this point I can't even find my music collection. Where's a meaningful how-to about at least getting the collection visible and simple operations.
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

hiccup

but does nothing for "all I want to do is go from .mp3 to speakers".
If that is your main objective using MusicBee, make sure that under 'Preferences' > 'General' you have enabled MusicBee to populate entries in Windows context menus. (i.e. right click on an mp3)
Then it should be easy to 'go from mp3 to speakers'.

RBEmerson

"Music to speakers" was a metaphor (yes, I checked to be sure MusicBee is in the context). I've got a large album collection Here, and I want some part of it coming out of speakers There. For example, somehow I managed to get to an album of 208 tracks (lots of ripping to get there). There's only so much Lexington Lab Band a body can take. Find my Pink Floyd or Brandenburg Concert album(s)? I wish.

I'm talking about the basic operations. If there's a "only the basics" how-to somewhere, point me at it.
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

RBEmerson

In the end, I found Music Explorer, by trial and error. IMNSHO, It should be more obvious or at least at the top of source options.