Author Topic: Larger spacing , fonts for Browser  (Read 8589 times)

mvana

Library / Playlist GUI:
When I'm browsing music library or editing playlists, it becomes very difficult for my eyes. Every line, tracks feels very close together.

It would be awesome if we can get a UI similar to Spotify for music library browser, playlist, etc.  

If either of these are actually possible right now, with some settings or skinning, please let me know. Thanks!
Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 11:02:46 AM by mvana

Steven

• Administrator
Preferences/ Layout(1)/ row padding will add extra padding but probably not the amount you want
You can also change the font in the same settings panel

mvana

Preferences/ Layout(1)/ row padding will add extra padding but probably not the amount you want

Thank you Steven for the response.
I've tried expanding row padding and changing the font size, you're right, it doesn't work for the look I was hoping for. And changing the font makes lot of things unreadable, because of lack of space in various boxes and worst of all is almost every fonts gets huge, becomes hard to distinguish any differences.

A Spotify like library, playlist ui will be a great eye saver for people with bad eyes.

Adding another screenshot, if that helps-

Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:13:09 AM by mvana

mvana

Enabling Artwork in the Track Details view solves this problem, except for the font size. I couldn't change the font size from the arrange panel customization.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Enabling Artwork in the Track Details view solves this problem (row padding size).
Now that's thinking outside the box.
Thanks to this, I figured out how to work the font size problem.
Virtual tags did the trick. You can adjust those to your liking.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

mvana

Now that's thinking outside the box.
Thanks to this, I figured out how to work the font size problem.
Virtual tags did the trick. You can adjust those to your liking.

Thanks, this works great, very creative idea. Just one thing bugs me, which is the name of the tag. Since we can't use the original tag, it just looks weird to me.
Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:34:54 PM by mvana

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
It just looks weird to me.
Do you mind accompanying this with a screenshot? I wanna see how it looks.

mvana

Do you mind accompanying this with a screenshot? I wanna see how it looks.
In your case, in the header it shows as 'Title' - I didn't want to see the '', so I named it Name.
I was hoping to keep the original tag name.

Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 02:28:20 PM by mvana

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Code
You won't see it but there's an invisible/empty character inside that code.
You can copy that character and add it after your virtual tag names. e.g (Title‎ )...again you won't see the character but it's there after 'e'.
With this, MB won't flag the names as existing labels.

mvana

Code
You won't see it but there's an invisible/empty character inside that code.
You can copy that character and add it after your virtual tag names. e.g (Title‎ )...again you won't see the character but it's there after 'e'.
With this, MB won't flag the names as existing labels.

You've read my mind, I was thinking of invisible character. Thanks

mvana

I had to give this up, since I needed to change every single playlist, where I have over 40 playlists. Not practical

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Instead of changing the layouts of the 40+ playlists one by one, the easiest way to go about it would be to:

1. Create a new/empty playlist with the desired layout. So that means adding your virtual tags and appropriately sizing them (You'd be creating a template in other words)
2. Then go to the playlists folder in W-explorer and duplicate this playlist 40 times (much quicker than in MB). Doing this ensures that the duplicates all have the layout of the original.
3. Then return to MB and add files to the new playlists using the existing ones. e.g Selecting all tracks from old playlist xyz and adding them to one of the newly created playlists.
4. All that would be left is to delete old playlist xyz and rename the new playlist containing the files, xyz (name of the old).

You obviously would have to do this for the other 39 playlists (starting from step 3). But I reckon this is much quicker than changing/resizing the layouts for each of the existing playlists.
Also, if you would be dealing with auto-playlists too, you would need two templates...one for static playlists and the other for auto-playlists.
But it's ofc up to you if this is all worth the trouble :)
Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 10:30:48 PM by Mayibongwe

mvana

Instead of changing the layouts of the 40+ playlists one by one, the easiest way to go about it would be to:

1. Create a new/empty playlist with the desired layout. So that means adding your virtual tags and appropriately sizing them (You'd be creating a template in other words)
2. Then go to the playlists folder in W-explorer and duplicate this playlist 40 times (much quicker than in MB). Doing this ensures that the duplicates all have the layout of the original.
3. Then return to MB and add files to the new playlists using the existing ones. e.g Selecting all tracks from old playlist xyz and adding them to one of the newly created playlists.
4. All that would be left is to delete old playlist xyz and rename the new playlist containing the files, xyz (name of the old).

You obviously would have to do this for the other 39 playlists (starting from step 3). But I reckon this is much quicker than changing/resizing the layouts for each of the existing playlists.
Also, if you would be dealing with auto-playlists too, you would need two templates...one for static playlists and the other for auto-playlists.
But it's ofc up to you if this is all worth the trouble :)

Thanks man, that's the way for now I guess.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Decide if this is going to be your default playlist view.
If so, open one of your playlists settings and make sure that 'display using view:' is set to 'default'
Arrange that playlist how you would like it to look and re-save.
All other playlists set as 'default' view will automatically use this new default view if that's what it's set to.

If you are not going to use the view as your default setting, set your playlist up as you want it to look, right-click on the header> Custom Views> Copy Current View Settings To... (whatever you want to call it)
Then all you have to do is change the  'display using view:' in your other playlists to that saved setting.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

mvana

Decide if this is going to be your default playlist view.
If so, open one of your playlists settings and make sure that 'display using view:' is set to 'default'
Arrange that playlist how you would like it to look and re-save.
All other playlists set as 'default' view will automatically use this new default view if that's what it's set to.

If you are not going to use the view as your default setting, set your playlist up as you want it to look, right-click on the header> Custom Views> Copy Current View Settings To... (whatever you want to call it)
Then all you have to do is change the  'display using view:' in your other playlists to that saved setting.

I was using the "default view for one playlist and rest of them changes" method but that was limited among only custom playlists, it didn't effect any auto playlists.

But your method works for both type of playlist, I saved the custom view as a file and it automatically changed the rest. Didn't even know that was an option.

But it would be nice if there was an easy method for average users.