Author Topic: File Organiser duplicated all my folder?  (Read 2564 times)

Eliksir

So I unchecked the "to folder" in File Organiser and pressed "Reorganise" and now all my folders got duplicated somehow. See pic:
https://imgur.com/wgphDl1
How can I delete all these unnessesary folders all at once?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I imagine the problem is that without the "to folder" setting, MusicBee will take the current folder as the root of the template. So turn "to folder" back on and reorganize again and it should fix itself.

If there's some reason you can't do that, maybe share more info about the intended outcome and we can give better advice.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Eliksir

I tried doing this, and now all of my files moved to one specefic folder? I think I selected my whole library in Musicbee and transfered it all to another folder with the File Organiser using "to folder", and that was just a random folder that was selected. Now my whole library is in dire straits :// Can I go back, or do I have to reorganise manually?

frankz

You should put "To Folder" as the base folder where you want things to go (like C:\Music or the like) and then set your naming template to what you want (like \<AlbumArtist>\"("<Year>")" <Album>\<Title> or whatever you want it to be) and then try it on an album or two.

Why do you keep doing things to your entire library without knowing what it will do?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
...maybe share more info about the intended outcome and we can give better advice.
@Eliksir, how do you want your files organized?
Am I correct to assume that you want them in the following format: D:\Musikaa\CD Rips\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> <Title> like in the screenshot below??

To achieve this, you would have to have something like...

...try it on an album or two first.

Edit: Just noticed in your screenshot that you do not have a "D" drive. So I guess you were trying to move them within "C". In that case, just change "D:\Musikaa\CD Rips" to "C:\Musikaa\CD Rips" in the file organizer. My initial assumption was incorrectly drawn from the folder structure you had in your screenshot.
Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:42:52 AM by Mayibongwe
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

Eliksir

You should put "To Folder" as the base folder where you want things to go (like C:\Music or the like) and then set your naming template to what you want (like \<AlbumArtist>\"("<Year>")" <Album>\<Title> or whatever you want it to be) and then try it on an album or two.

Why do you keep doing things to your entire library without knowing what it will do?
Idk why I did not search a little around first before trying this. I am not use to have to move large quantities of anything, so I just did it. I learned a valuable lesson tho :P
Im pretty new to organising. Before I had all my tracks in one folder lol.

I figured it out. Thanks for the advice!

Eliksir

...maybe share more info about the intended outcome and we can give better advice.
@Eliksir, how do you want your files organized?
Am I correct to assume that you want them in the following format: D:\Musikaa\CD Rips\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> <Title> like in the screenshot below??

To achieve this, you would have to have something like...

...try it on an album or two first.

Edit: Just noticed in your screenshot that you do not have a "D" drive. So I guess you were trying to move them within "C". In that case, just change "D:\Musikaa\CD Rips" to "C:\Musikaa\CD Rips" in the file organizer. My initial assumption was incorrectly drawn from the folder structure you had in your screenshot.

I figured it out! Thanks for the help u guys  :-*