Author Topic: How can I make my star ratings of tracks visible on other players?  (Read 6217 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
some tracks are not recognized
Not recognized where? In MB? In Strawberry? Are the "not recognized" tracks appearing in the playlist?

A playlist is nothing more than a text file which you can open with any text editor (such as Notepad++.)
If the "not recognized" tracks are in the playlist, then the problem is with your strawberry player.
If they're not in the playlist, then the issue lies with MB. In which case you'll need to provide more details as to exactly how you're creating the playlist and with what options.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

blackwood

some tracks are not recognized
Not recognized where? In MB? In Strawberry? Are the "not recognized" tracks appearing in the playlist?

A playlist is nothing more than a text file which you can open with any text editor (such as Notepad++.)
If the "not recognized" tracks are in the playlist, then the problem is with your strawberry player.
If they're not in the playlist, then the issue lies with MB. In which case you'll need to provide more details as to exactly how you're creating the playlist and with what options.

the tracks appear in strawberry but the path are not recognized, this happens for about 1/3 of the tracks from the playlists.

before i did the unix path conversion, none were recognized.

phred

• Global Moderator
the tracks appear in strawberry but the path are not recognized, this happens for about 1/3 of the tracks from the playlists.
Again I'm not clear on exactly what you're saying here. In strawberry you can see the names of the tracks, yes?
But they don't play because the path is not recognized? What is telling you it's not recognized?

Have you opened the playlist in a text editor and confirmed that the paths are correct in the text files?

before i did the unix path conversion, none were recognized.
Progress!  :)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

blackwood

Again I'm not clear on exactly what you're saying here. In strawberry you can see the names of the tracks, yes?
But they don't play because the path is not recognized? What is telling you it's not recognized?

the tracks appear with their filename only, they don't play and no other data displayed (artist, album...)

I think I figured it out. my music are on 2 separate hard drives, the playlist file is on of those hard drives. the tracks that are on the same hard drive as the playlist file are recognized, the others arent because drive is named differently in linux.

I'm going to export the same playlist to both hard drives and combine them later once all ratings have been done..

If I don't update, it means this fixed it...

thank you everyone for helping, you're great!