Author Topic: A MusicBee Search for just-deleted rows still displays those rows.  (Read 2694 times)

DickRawson

From the Search Results node, I selected nearly 20 consecutive rows, pressed DEL, and chose to remove only from library, but to keep on disk.

When I sort the file by my CD accession number, those rows don't appear in sequence, so I conclude that they were successfully deleted.

When I search for the CD accession number, MusicBee still displays all those rows. Moreover, it can play them! However, I couldn't edit tags: there was no objection, but my changes were not displayed.

Why should it work this way? It is very inconsistent. After rows were removed, search should not find them.

I would expect that I could search for the deleted items and MusicBee would tell me that it couldn't find them.

MusicBee 3.4.7805 P
Portable install (maybe the P means portable install)
Installed last week.
Windows 10

sveakul

Yes, "P" means Portable.  That's the easy part though, haha..

After the mass deletion, try invoking Tools/Advanced/Compress Library;  "OK" to the confirm request and allow to work.  Restart MB--are they still found in Search?

BTW, welcome to the forum, and grab the latest patch while you're at it (https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip); "Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files."
Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:30:39 AM by sveakul

DickRawson

I patch reluctantly. I did last week's install because after I patched the previous 7805 install as you say, MB wouldn't come up. Presumably my bad, but I don't know how to do it better the next time.

phred

• Global Moderator
I patch reluctantly. I did last week's install because after I patched the previous 7805 install as you say, MB wouldn't come up. Presumably my bad, but I don't know how to do it better the next time.
Sounds like you didn't apply the patch properly. You must unzip the files in the patch zip and overwrite the existing files in the MB installation directory. The Windows Store version of MB can not be patched.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DickRawson

1. Of course, it sounds like I messed up. I'm sure I did. I intended to do as instructed. It was the Windows Installer distribution. When I re-installed, I chose the portable version.

2. Tools>Advanced> Compress Library ran VERY quickly. Restarted MB. I see the expected result now. There's surely a bug behind this, but the resulting erroneous information that I noticed is now gone.

Thanks.

Dick

Steven

• Administrator
if you delete from the library only, the file will stay on the hard disc and also in any playlist you have.
So if you were searching such that computer folders or playlists were included then the file would still appear.
MB wont remove a file from the database cache if its in a playlist or when you view it from a folder in the Computer node.
If you delete from library and computer then the file would no longer appear in any searches