Author Topic: Tag Update from Files  (Read 2982 times)

liviu_c

• Avengers, for HQ Music, unite! :)
Hi,
I've just discovered this player, it's almost awesome :)
And I am not able to find out how to update the app database when updating tags on files.
It's much easier to update tags from Library>Computer section (having the names of the artist / album on the folders).
But after doing that in section Library>Music / Playlist those songs remain non-tagged.
I've tried Tools-Advanced-Rescan and Synch tags but that did not updated the new tags from files to app database.
Is there a way to do that?
Thanks!

ma_t14

If you are changing the tags from within the program, the changes should be reflected immediately

Can you create a screenshot of what you are doing exactly? Maybe there's something I'm missing

liviu_c

If you are changing the tags from within the program, the changes should be reflected immediately

Can you create a screenshot of what you are doing exactly? Maybe there's something I'm missing

I made the screenshots but...
In order to send images i have to put them online somewhere?!
I understand that this is free but... wow!
Thx for your effort.
I do not know how to be more clear:
1. I explore in left side bar to Computer section, to the folder with album, select it,
2. in main panel i select the songs
3. with shift enter (of left click...) i open edit tags
4. i put the name of the artist and album for all of them at once.
5. i navigate to music and i see that those songs remain without artist and album info (with just track 1, track 2etc). even if i try synch or rescan from menu.

ma_t14

That's strange

Can you see your tag changes in the tag inspector 1) right after you make them in the computer node and 2) when you find that same album in the music node?

ma_t14

You could use a service such as https://postimg.cc/

Uploading and then copying the forum specific url is pretty straightfoward

liviu_c

Yeap, i was drunk. (well, not drunk but so to speak)
Sorry everyone!
After i added column file path in main panel i've seen something strange - some songs had other paths than expected.
And within computer browser i was editing tag for some duplicates in other path than that used for MusicBee.
Well... thousand times sorry guys!

ma_t14

hiccup

Great that things are becoming more clear.
But…
The computer node is not intended to be used as metadata (tag) manager, and by doing that you are making things more difficult for yourself.
It is intended to make it possible to browse files and folders on connected devices such as internal and external harddisks, usb sticks, network drives etc.
So that node should be considered a file browser/manager. (similar to Windows file explorer)

MusicBee's intended use as a tag manager is to use it on music that has been imported in its library (libraries) or into the inbox.

Users that don't understand or accept that (I am not talking about you) usually run into different sorts of problems sooner or later.