Author Topic: Is autoDJ broken or is it just me?  (Read 3318 times)

Mr. Trev

One of the features I really use a lot is having the autodj make playlist based on similar artists. Now I know lastfm has been somewhat of a PITA regarding their platform in recent time, but the part that is actually causing problems for me is the restriction on the gap before the artist can repeat.
I have an initial list of 15 tracks with the repeat restriction also set at 15. It seems like half the time the restriction is completely ignored (I've had playlists created where the same artist is repeated 3 times in a row). I don't know if this would be a lastfm issue or MB itself, so I'm looking for feedback right now since I can't say if it is a bug.
I'm currently using MB v3.4.7970 P, but this has been occurring for me for the better part of the year now.

Mr. Trev

Another follow-up on this…

doing a Right click song> send to> autodj
I remember in the past this would play the song, and start the autodj creating the playlist based in the criteria I picked.
Now it just plays the song. I have to manually go to the autodj tab and click start

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of your auto-dj settings panel

edit:
could you try this version. However it will violate the minimum gap if towards the end of the list there are not enough different artists remaining
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 09:33:10 AM by Steven

Mr. Trev

I've tried with custom filter on and off, but no change.

I just tried the version you posted, but it doesn't see to have changed anything on my system. Still getting repeat artists, send to doesn't "start" auto dj

I tried a completely new portable install of 3.4 last night and it had the same issues. I am going to try out a 3.3 portable today just to confirm if things were ok then

<edit> here's a screen with a preview playlist. Tori Amos was the seed track
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 07:51:13 PM by Mr. Trev

Steven

• Administrator
I have made a few tweaks to how similar artist filtering is done but otherwise cant reproduce the repetition you have unless there is a lack of suitable artists

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip

Mr. Trev

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

For what it's worth, I created a 3.3.7491 P install, just to check things out there. With the exact same auto dj settings and Tori Amos song, I didn't get a single repeat artist.

Is there anything auto dj related in any of the cfg or db files that I could reset?

<edit> just gave your latest patch a few go rounds. huge improvement!
Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:46:09 AM by Mr. Trev