Author Topic: Play tracks with 0 play count only?  (Read 3717 times)

gorney

Is there a way to only play tracks that have not been played before (0 play count)?

phred

• Global Moderator
You can set up an auto-playlist where <play count> <is less than> 1
That way every time you play a track that is in the auto-playlist, it will drop off the list.
OR
You can set up a filter with the same criteria.

Both will operate the same way.

Auto-playlists on the Wiki: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Playlists#Auto-Playlists
Filters on the Wiki: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Filters
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

stardepp

@gorney You just need to do the three steps:

Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 04:50:32 AM by stardepp

phred

• Global Moderator
@gorney You just need to do the three steps:
@stardepp- Just curious as to why you're suggesting the OP use Auto-DJ instead of a permanent auto-playlist or filter? With Auto-DJ the OP would have to set the criteria each and every time they wanted to listen to all tracks that have a zero playcount. Unless there's a way to save the Auto-DJ criteria, which I'm not sure there is.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

stardepp

Thanks for your very valuable tip, I just created such a auto-playlist for myself 😎

I've been using MusicBee since 2012 and I'm still learning new things thanks to you guys here on the forum, thanks for that. 🍀
Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:32:35 PM by stardepp

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for your very valuable tip, I just created such a auto-playlist for myself.
I've been using MusicBee since 2012 and I'm still learning new things thanks to you guys here on the forum, thanks for that.
You're welcome. I'm glad you found that helpful.
I have been using MB since 2009 (v 0.3) and and still finding and learning new things.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

stardepp

Interesting. No matter where I am, at every opportunity I tell very positive about MusicBee without being asked.

Do you know what "automatically export a static copy" should mean, see settings Automatic Playlist.

phred

• Global Moderator
Do you know what "automatically export a static copy" should mean, see settings Automatic Playlist.
Yes. Enabling that will export a copy of the playlist, as it is at that moment, whenever new tracks are added. I'm not 100% certain but I think the export happens when MB closes. Although it may be once it notices a change. You need to set the path for exporting in Preferences > Library > playlists > exported playlists. Depending what device will be using the exported playlists, you'll need to adjust the playlist format and the other three options under that.

I use my exported playlists so that my Subsonic server can see them. Also on my Logitech Squeezeboxes.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

stardepp

Thank you for your detailed explanation, yes a backup of the playlists is created, see screenshot:

Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 05:13:57 PM by stardepp