Author Topic: Randomly Shuffling Albums  (Read 952 times)

ITCook

I have been using the Auto DJ feature to shuffle whole albums.  It works great except when starting over.  It seems to select the same exact albums when starting again.  I have tried doing Stop/Preview/Starting the Auto DJ again, but still seems to be the same albums selected.  I am on version 3.4.8033 Store. I have attached a screenshot of my Auto DJ settings.

https://imgur.com/a/4wobm2Z

Steven

• Administrator
What version of MB are you using? I cant reproduce any issues using those settings.
Perhaps try updating to the latest patch version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

ITCook

I am on version 3.4.8033 from the Microsoft Store.  Is the app stored under WindowsApps folder?  The system is not allowing me access to that folder.

phred

• Global Moderator
The Windows Store version can not be patched/updated.

My suggestion is to download the latest 3.5 -portable- version from the first forum topic. Place it in a directory that is not under the control of Windows. Use something like C:\MusicBee. Once there, apply the latest 3.5 patch from my signature or from Steven's reply. It's the same patch version either way. Once you're happy with the new install, get rid of the Store version.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ITCook

Thanks, I will give it a try.  Is there a way to port the settings, database of songs over, etc. to the new install?  This seems like a better option since the store app can't be updated except through store updates.

Steven

• Administrator
you can export settings from Edit/ Saved Settings
and can export the layout from View/ Export Panel Arrangement

ITCook

I have installed the portable version and patched it with 3.5.  I have copied the settings over.  I will use it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.