Author Topic: How to make MB-ratings visible on iPhone/iPad?  (Read 5228 times)

Adson

When loading or streaming my (with MB rated) music files (MP3) via UPNP to my iPhone or iPad (iOS15) the ratings which I have done with MB are not visible in any of the music streaming / playing apps I have tried so far.

Other MP3 tags work fine but the ratings are not visible. The files are displayed as having not rating at all.

Is this a general iOS-problem or can I can I solve this problem by changing some settings in MusicBee?

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

phred

• Global Moderator
Nothing iOS-related is officially supported by MB. It's possible someone here might be able to help. The answer might be that Apple's way of rating is their own scheme and it's not correctly interpreting what it's receiving from MB. That's only a guess. But there's certainly no setting within MB that will correct what you're seeing.
Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 12:28:01 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Adson

phred, thanks for your answer.

I found the MP3-rating set to ID3v2.3 in the tag prereferences. The "also save ID3v1 tags" is checked.

Since I do not really know much about these standards (ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 or APEv2 etc.) I wonder, if my settings are correct.

https://imgur.com/a/3gzGDot

Maybe someone else can confirm if the MP3 ratings done in MB are displayed in iOS music players or not?

I have got a pretty big music library with about 30.000 files. So re-rating them all manually after copying or streaming to my iPad is not really an option.

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe someone else can confirm if the MP3 ratings done in MB are displayed in iOS music players or not?
Maybe a Google search through some IOS forums will provide a faster answer. Search to find what ID3 version your music player uses.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here