Author Topic: Any tips for dealing with Album Artist with many releases?  (Read 1839 times)

Mr. Trev

First off, I'm using artist display for my main panel - grouped by album artist.

Works fine until I check out Various Artists where there is ~400 albums. MB is set to display directly under the artist, so this means much scrolling sideways to browse my selection of VA.

Is there any way to apply the views to a specific album artist rather than globally

hiccup

Similar questions/issues were raised before.
When the main panel displays artists or albums, and you have selected 'show directly under artist or album', the extended panel will expand and display the underlying content in one horizontal bar that you will need to scroll through horizontally.

Far as I know the only way to have the result showing in a 'more generous' grid instead of a horizontal bar is to set preferences globally to 'in a separate panel' instead of 'directly under'.
But that obviously isn't ideal for artists/albums that only have one or very few releases since it will demand more mouse clicks to return to the original view.

Perhaps a request (wish) to have a right click entry on the artist/album that has something like 'expand to new panel' could accommodate for this?
Or, have the extended panel to extend vertically when there are more results than fit a single line.
For as far as I can estimate at the moment, I would support the latter.
Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:17:27 PM by hiccup

Mr. Trev

The number of instances that this happens in my library is fairly small so I really don't want to make a big global change to accommodate it. I was hoping that I was just overlooking something.

Anyways, I did make a wish for it. Feel free to add your input - I probably did a lousy job explaining what I'd like to accomplish
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35756.0