Author Topic: How do I upload music to my inbox?  (Read 2335 times)

aleckbut.org

I'm sure I'm just being dense here but I cannot find the corresponding 'inbox' folder in the library folder or anywhere else for that matter. I'm just trying to figure out where to unzip these music files to.

Full story is I'm trying to get a digital library going for my community radio station. I would like musicbee and all the music to exist on an external hard drive so that it can be plugged into the DJ computer to access as a digital library but can then be plugged into my computer to update and add music.

I'm not exactly a wiz with this stuff so bear with me if this is super basic.

Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

This might be helpful: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Importing

The Inbox is not a different folder, it's just a different conceptual section of the library, for holding things until they're ready for the main library. When you import files you can decide whether they should go to the inbox or the main library, whatever fits your process.

If you want to have a folder where new files are imported automatically, that's a monitored folder and you can set it up in Library Preferences.

For your use case, you might find it more helpful to install MusicBee Portable on the external drive so that you always have the application along with the audio files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

I'm sure I'm just being dense here but I cannot find the corresponding 'inbox' folder in the library folder or anywhere else for that matter.
It is to be found as a node in the left sidebar:

If it's not there, check:  Options > Layout (1) > left sidebar: