Author Topic: Make <Play Count> and other similar tags collect data from every selected track  (Read 4425 times)

SonicRings

Regarding my post here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35718.msg195333#msg195333

And my newer post here (it was posted in the bug reporting section but apparently it's "intended behaviour" so it was moved to the questions section): https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35723.msg195383#msg195383

There are a few tags that behave inconsistently in the track information panel. In my case, I'm trying to make a virtual tag that multiplies <Time> with <Play Count> so I can see how much time I have spent listening to the highlighted songs. The issue here is that, although the <Time> tag works as expected (it treats every song's duration as their own), the <Play Count> tag only sees the first highlighted song's value and doesn't see any other songs' values that you highlight.

That's how the above happens: it's using a play count of 1 for both songs despite the second song actually having 0 plays. The time listened it should be displaying is thus 4 minutes 29 seconds, not 7 minutes 19 seconds. Likewise, if I were to highlight the track with 0 plays first, and then highlight the track with 1 play, the time listened would still be 0.

I would expect all native tags to use their own values. Mayibongwe provided a screenshot outlining this inconsistency with some other tags:

In his screenshot, he shows the time appears normal, but the size only shows that of the first highlighted track.

I'm hoping that all similar tags can behave consistently here.
Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:29:08 AM by SonicRings

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.5 update
- play count
- skip count
- date last played (set to most recent date)
- and file size
now incorporate values from all the selected files when selected files are displayed in the track info panel

SonicRings

for the next v3.5 update
- play count
- skip count
- date last played (set to most recent date)
- and file size
now incorporate values from all the selected files when selected files are displayed in the track info panel
I'm undeniably stoked to hear this! Thanks as always for your feature request implementations, can't wait!