Author Topic: Mp3 questions  (Read 2902 times)

Xira38

Hi all, Im enjoying the music bee program to play my music. I have a question, When i DL a mp3 and scan it into MB, some files show 0:00 as the length, yet the song plays in its entirety. Also some songs show a length of over 20mins when the files like 4m or less. Is there any way i can edit the time? I see all the other edit options for mp3s but nothing about the length.

phred

• Global Moderator
I see all the other edit options for mp3s but nothing about the length.
You can't edit the length of a file. You probably have a corrupt header in the files that are showing odd playing times.
Try checking them with MP3Val.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Xira38

DL that prog, scanned and did fix & repair. Now there completly unrecognizable.

Xira38

Analyzing file "C:\Music Files\Within Temptation - Angels.mp3"...
WARNING: "C:\Music Files\Within Temptation - Angels.mp3" (offset 0x1a80a): Garbage at the end of the file
WARNING: "C:\Music Files\Within Temptation - Angels.mp3": Too few MPEG frames (it's unlikely that this is a MPEG audio file)
INFO: "C:\Music Files\Within Temptation - Angels.mp3": No MPEG frames, +ID3v1+ID3v2, CBR
Done!

this is the error message

sveakul

You mentioned you dl the mp3's;  I read there are some download sites that are supplying audio files with that extension that aren't even mp3 files, which would match one of the warning messages you posted.  If you can upload one of the problem files somewhere, we'd be happy to take a look at it for you and hopefully nail down the issue.  If you can't do that, get MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) and post its full text results after letting it examine the file.

Xira38

sveakul

I use the youtube 2 mp3 webpage
I believe some of the files created there are actually DASH audio AAC with the mp3 extension;  please post a link to one of the problem files, or use MediaInfo to get an analysis.