Author Topic: "Failed to save the artist picture"  (Read 3439 times)

frankz

I don't know when it started, but I used to be able to right-click an artist picture and save it, and now I get "Failed to save the artist picture" every time.  

Other than updating MB periodically (I'm on 3.4.7966 P right now), the only thing I can think of that has changed is that I recently updated .net on the host computer,  but this also happens on the remote computer accessing MB portable via a network share.  

What, if anything, could I have done to cause this, and how can I fix it?
Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 03:12:14 PM by frankz

hiccup

frankz

Nope, should have mentioned that.  Nothing in the error log.

hiccup

Is the 'artist pictures location' path (Tags(2) ) correct and accessible?

frankz

Thanks for making me look at that a second time.  It was correct path but missing the opening \\DESKTOP\ so I didn't catch it at first glance.

Good eye (mind's eye).

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Little side note...you can also get this error if you try to overwrite an image with itself.

I used the "right-click...save artist picture" for an image that already exists in \MusicBee\Library\Artist Pictures. MB won't allow that. If you try to do the same with artist thumbs, you'll get the "Invalid Picture" error.

Edit: So if you get this error, it's also highly likely that the image you're trying to save already exists in that path.
Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 08:41:51 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

I used the "right-click...save artist picture" for an image that already exists in \MusicBee\Library\Artist Pictures. MB won't allow that. If you try to do the same with artist thumbs, you'll get the "Invalid Picture" error.
If you believe there is a bug at play (not sure if that is what you mean though), it would be good to create a topic in 'bugs' for it.
Chances that it will be further discussed and possibly addressed in this 'questions' board are much slimmer.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
No nothing like that Hiccup. I'm simply indicating the other scenario in which one could encounter this error mentioned in this thread (in case anyone else encounters it down the line and doesn't know why they're getting it). It's definitely not a bug. MB acts accordingly (the error's a way of notifying you that the image you're trying to save already exists in the directory)
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

… I'm simply indicating the other scenario in which one could encounter this error mentioned in this thread…
Ah, ok. Thanks for adding good info for other users to find.