Author Topic: Now Playing picture incorrect  (Read 2409 times)

thunderbird32

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the Now Playing artist photo to display correctly. For some reason it won't pick up the photo in the "..\MusicBee\Artist Pictures" directory for this one artist. I'm trying to add an artist picture for "Crosby, Stills & Nash" (spelled exactly that way), and instead of pulling the one from the aforementioned folder it only pulls a picture of Bing Crosby (!). Apparently if an artist has a comma in the artist name it truncates the rest of the name when it does the web search (hence the Bing Crosby photo), but even then I thought having a photo in the "Artist Pictures" directory was supposed to override the web pulled photo. The file in the "..\MusicBee\Artist Pictures" directory has been spelled identically to the artist name in MusicBee. I'm not sure why this is happening. I didn't run into the same issue with "Emerson, Lake & Palmer" despite the punctuation pattern being identical (no oxford comma and an ampersand). Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: Also, I should note I'm on version 3.4.7805 (the Windows Store version)

Steven

• Administrator
When searching for an artist, MB does split out artists with commas and other separators. I think it works well in most cases but unfortunately not this case. There isnt any setting to disable the behaviour

thunderbird32

As I say, I'd kinda guessed that was what it was doing. I was under the impression that the file in the  "..\MusicBee\Artist Pictures" should override the image pulled from online though. Is this not the case?

frankz

I'd assume it would search that folder in the same manner it searches the internet.

One thing to consider is that, I believe, it will cycle through anyone listed as an "artist" in the multiple artist splitter.  You could enter it as "Crosby Stills and Nash" there, leaving it the way you'd want to see it in the Display Artist box, and then name your picture accordingly for it to be found.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that assumption.  I make this assumption because I think someone said it before, and because I sometimes get pictures of individual members from a band that do not appear to be from the time when they were in the band when I list them out as artists in the splitter.

thunderbird32

One thing to consider is that, I believe, it will cycle through anyone listed as an "artist" in the multiple artist splitter.  You could enter it as "Crosby Stills and Nash" there, leaving it the way you'd want to see it in the Display Artist box, and then name your picture accordingly for it to be found.

Thank you ! That worked, I've got the correct artist photo now and yet I still have the correct punctuation in the artist list. Perfect  :)

swedgufma

Thanks for the insights on this issue.  It's been bugging me for a while.  What I am most puzzled by, is that this issue cropped up one day just randomly.  One day CSN was displaying correctly, the next it was Bing.  It didn't follow an update or anything. It also reduces Blood, Sweat & Tears to BLOOD.

Steven

• Administrator
Are you using the latest beta available from the first forum topic? I made a few changes and i think that 'Blood, Sweat & Tears' should work now