Author Topic: QuickTagger v1.0.1 (BETA) - Quickly tag your musics using hotkeys!  (Read 9335 times)

Al00X

Hi, I'm new to this community. I recently moved to MusicBee and I really enjoyed it, Thanks to Steven.
MusicBee lacked a feature/add-on to allow you to tag your music using hotkeys without opening any extra windows...
So I made this plugin because I couldn't live without it!

This plugin is currently in beta, so feel free to report any problems/bugs. suggestions for new features are welcomed ;).

v1.0.1: Download

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Al00X.

That is a fantastic contribution you are introducing yourself with.
Thanks!
It seems to work very well in its first release version already.

A couple of initial observations:

- In the dropdown menu for tag selection you can also select and set virtual tags, which obviously doesn't apply to this.
- The order of the tags in that list doesn't seem to be in alphabetical order, which makes it a bit hard to find the one you are looking for.
- When you select multiple tracks to add a label to, the popup says "Are you sure you want to change tag of x musics."
  'musics' sounds a bit strange, maybe have it say 'tracks'?

Would it be possible to have (the option of) a tag value added to existing values instead of replacing any already present values?

edit:
This last suggestion would ideally need to work on a per tag basis.
For a binary tag containing values such as yes/no, or a date field you will probably want the previous value replaced.
But for other tags such as genre, mood, instrument etc. you would want to have the new value added to existing ones.
Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 01:03:34 PM by hiccup

hiccup

Just curious:
Haven't you had the time to give this some thought and reply, or don't you agree these would be improvements?

Al00X

Just curious:
Haven't you had the time to give this some thought and reply, or don't you agree these would be improvements?

Sorry, been busy with my jobs and didn't have time.
Really appreciate your comment and ideas. I will add them in the next release soon ;)

octobird

Hey AIOOX

Thank you for sharing this Plugin!!! It's a great additional Tool for my tagging workflow. I actually use it in a quite simple way to quickly add files to an Auto-Playlist for further refining. I created a Custom Tag with basicly just a "Yes" or "No" value, mapped these two values to hotkeys and created an Auto-Playlist containg the quick-tagged files. From there I can do more custom tagging jobs and don't have to remember a bunch of hotkeys.

So there is just one simple request to make this perfect: The Quicktagger always opens a confirmation window, asking if I'm sure I want to do this tag-action. Which is always one more mouse-click to do.

Could you implement the option to disable this confirmation window?!

Again...thank you for making Musicbee even better!

Cheers
Eric

barlet

This error was created this morning. Up till yesterday, everything was fine
MusicBee v3.5.8135.36838P  (Win10.0), 15 Apr 2022 14:20:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zlzGadM3B9bXeaXFUig==.#=zENO5D_Q=(IntPtr #=zBcSYWJaalro8)

I found out the culprit behind this error:

If one enables Quick Tagger by A100X, it will interfere with Additional Tag Tools by boroda.Tthe additional tag tools would not load and would produce the error posted above.

NAWTBOY

Did anything ever come of this request?  Would it be possible to have (the option of) a tag value added to existing values instead of replacing any already present values?

hiccup

Did anything ever come of this request?  Would it be possible to have (the option of) a tag value added to existing values instead of replacing any already present values?
I was wondering, are you actually interested in getting answers to your questions?
All your previous questions have received answers, but you never responded to even one of them?