Author Topic: Tabbing between columns in Music window  (Read 1161 times)

ultrarunner2018

Hello;
I am trying to update my IDV3 tags for my music library. The tracks are stored as .flac.
When looking at the main window - after clicking 'Music' on the top bar, I see the columns I have set to be displayed. All is good.
But now I want to edit the info in some of those columns (the tags). The easiest way to do that is to click once to select a track, then click again (but not quickly or the song will start to play) in the column where I want to change the tag.
Once I click again in the column, the tag will open for editing. Sometimes there is a down-arrow on the right, which I cannot explain.
I enter the new info into the tag, then hit the TAB key to move to the next column to the right- where I want to change the next tag.
I found that depending on the order I have the columns arranged, the TAB key will move to the right (to the next column) in the editing mode, but sometimes it will exit the editing mode when I hit the TAB key and will not allow me to move to the next column to edit the data.
I found that when I re-arranged the columns, I can now TAB from one column to the next while still keeping the editing mode open.

I have re-named some of my custom tags (Tags(1)).
Now, when I right-click on a track and select Edit > Tags(2), I see my custom tags.
Some of these tags have a down-arrow on the right of the box, while others have the three dots ...
I cannot see the difference between tags that have the arrow and those that have the dots.
I have the feeling that this makes a difference as to which tags (in columns) I can TAB to and which I cannot.

I would like to create a screen video of this, but I lack the software for that.

I don't know if I have made myself clear as to what is going on. Please let me know and I can clarify.

Thanks for your help
Ultrarunner

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't have a solution to the overall issue, but I can tell you that the tags with an arrow in the box are enumerated tags, while the others are probably a regular String type. See this page for more info on the data types: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tracks_View#Configure_Fields
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)