Author Topic: Time last played partially and saving position  (Read 3613 times)

jackthesmack

Is it possible to save the position of a song that was last played and also the time it was last listened to, whether or not it was finished? I have a collection of 2 hour mixes that I don't watch completely, so I want to be able to be able to resume where I left off and also see the last played or never played so I can easily pause and resume at any time.

Right now the last played only updates if I reach the end of the mix, and it never saves the position of when I last listened to something.

frankz

Open the tag editor->Settings->Set Remember Playback Position to yes.

Also, there's a setting for how much of a track needs to be played before it counts as played.  (Edit->Edit Preferences...Now Playing...play count+1)
Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 11:11:45 PM by frankz

jackthesmack

Open the tag editor->Settings->Set Remember Playback Position to yes.

Also, there's a setting for how much of a track needs to be played before it counts as played.  (Edit->Edit Preferences...Now Playing...play count+1)

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Another question: Can this be done playlist specific? It's not a big deal if it isn't.

frankz

I don't think you can do it playlist specific, but if you classify the tracks as audiobooks or podcasts rather than music I'm pretty sure it's turned on automatically.

jackthesmack

So I am 10 minutes into a 2 hour file, and it still shows Last Played as Unknown. Are my settings wrong?

frankz

Are you synchronizing to last.fm?  If so, it's fixed at 50% because that's their standard for a track play.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Now_Playing_Preferences

jackthesmack

Maybe my thing is bugged because I'm over half way and it still isn't marked as last played.

jackthesmack

OK so it appears to work, but if it's the first time playing it only updates after restarting MusicBee. After that the updates to play count and last played are displayed immediately.