Author Topic: Ripping mistake: correction?  (Read 2443 times)

Música

I mistakenly ripped the last several CDs with the wrong file per disc instead of per track setting. I now have album files, instead of album folders with tracks, in the artist folders in my library. Is there a way to convert/change over these album files to album-folders-with-tracks in MB or elsewhere, without re-ripping the albums correctly -six of which I have to re-borrow? Thank you.

I'm running Version 3.4.7805 on Windows 7.

(I don't remember changing the setting -which I had never used; but, fortunately I noticed/discovered the problem because the album images for 2 albums of the same artist kept reverting to the most recent image set.)

hiccup

You could load the file into an audio editor such as Audacity, and then split the file into separate tracks.
That will take some time and effort, but if it's not a live album where the songs are not clearly separated by silence, Audacity's 'Silence Finder' is a useful option to help with that.

frankz

What format did you rip these to, and did you also create cue sheets (.cue file or embedded) in the process?

Música

What format did you rip these to, and did you also create cue sheets (.cue file or embedded) in the process?
All MP3 max. I did check that "cuesheet" option, as if, but I don't find anything with a *.cue search.

Música

Thank you both heroes; I'll start re-borrowing tomorrow.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When there's a cue sheet you can have MusicBee split the file into individual tracks, however because you ripped to MP3 I think you're better off with the re-ripping approach. Otherwise the files will also be re-encoded, which you don't want with a lossy format.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Música

Thank you, psychoadept. I don't expect to need this again -having learned the meaning of that option; but, always appreciate learning MB. I meant to rip a Miles at Stockholm lossless, so I'll be able to correct that too.