Author Topic: MusicBee automatically starts playing songs exactly where I stopped playing them  (Read 1482 times)

thisguyrighthere1

I don't know what I did here and maybe someone can help me out.

I've been using MusicBee for months and whenever you go to click on a song, it would always start playing the song from the beginning - it would never start from where you last listened to it.

I have no idea what I did, but now suddenly it will start playing from the exact spot that you listened to it. Doesn't matter if you restart the program or not. In fact, it will even do that when playing songs in an album - say I stopped listening to track 2 at 4 minutes in, and then I listen to track 1, when it's done with track 1 it starts track 2 where I left off - at 4 minutes in. You have to manually drag the time progress bar to the beginning for it to start there.

I don't recall changing any settings. I've scoured the settings and I can't find any option for this.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Based on the second point, about albums, it sounds like you activated the "remember playback position" flag, which you can find in the Tag Editor under Settings. To be sure, take a look at one of the files having this problem and see if that box is checked. The quickest fix would just be to select your whole library, open the tag editor, and check then uncheck it before saving.

Let us know if that doesn't solve it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

thisguyrighthere1

THANK YOU!!!!

That was my problem, and an easy fix.

I had scoured all the settings on the menu, not realizing there were more settings by selecting everything and clicking "edit" and then settings.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad that was it! By any chance did you put these files under audiobooks at some point, maybe by accident?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, audiobooks are automatically marked with that, based on the idea that they could be longer tracks and you want to pick back up where you stopped. I guess there's no logic for unmarking them, since MusicBee can't remember whether it happened automatically or you did it manually.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)