Author Topic: Music Stuttering  (Read 2748 times)

AzmirAhmmhed

Hey all. I've been having issues with my music stuttering after awhile. Sometimes I can't even make it through an album without it getting stuck. I've found some people with a similar issue, but I can't seem to fix it.

I've monitored my CPU and RAM usage while the stuttering occurs and it's not that. I've tried increasing the buffer size and also loading the whole track before playing and that didn't work. I've tried toggling the 32-bit output and that didn't work.

Could it be that I have the music on a separate internal harddrive and MusicBee is installed on the SSD? No one else seems to have that issue.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

NOTE by Moderator: The OP has been banned for including hidden spam links (previously not noticed) which were removed today.
Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 04:23:58 PM by phred

vincent kars

Might be a system with a high DPC latency.

Run Resplendence LatencyMon to find out the processes causing the disruption.

https://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/AudioTools/TroubleShooting.htm

Steven

• Administrator
Also try whitelisting musicbee in your security software

elektrojossstick

I am new to MusicBee. After using iTunes for many years it was time for a change. BUT the problem of STUTTER that I had occasionally experienced under iTunes was a lot worse with MusicBee. I eventually found that the BIG problem was the ADBLOCKER plugin in FIREFOX.

Most posts under the MB forum suggest changing the latency settings -> Edit Preferences - > Player -> increase buffer size > or load entire file into memory. This got rid of most of the stuttering for me but not all.

I am not an expert, but the issue of stutter (for me) is related to the use of resources 1) MusicBee seems to need more resources than some other MediaPlayers  2) the media player has to compete with other programs for resources 3) other programs on your computer may be hogging resources and causing the stutter 4) Bluetooth and USB hubs/devices may also be hogging resources.

In an attempt to resolve this issue, I first tried different USB set ups - this can reduce the frequency of stutter were several USB devices hocked up to the PC particularly with a USB Hub. Then I looked at Bluetooth. I have a Bitiwend mini Bluetooth stereo amplifier through two Wharfedale bookshelf speakers. The sound is much better with the amplifier connected through the headphone output of the mini PC rather than Bluetooth. The Bluetooth drivers on the PC do not allow such good output quality and positioning of the amplifier (BT receiver) can have an influence. The Bitiwend can also be connected by USB and this option increased stutter.   

But though I could reduce the stutter drastically, it was still there now and again. I decided it was time to upgrade my mini PC from a Celeron N3150 to a Ryzen 3300U. However, although better again, the STUTTER would still occur - NOW MOST NOTABLY when opening new browser tabs. I decided I needed to look wider than just the MB forum - and I was even considering an alternative media player. Luckily, I discovered this EXCELLENT VIDEO ON SOUND PROBLEMS here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6jdXrdYUsg&list=WL&index=53&t=25s

Right at the end of this video it mentions that ZONEALARM and ADBLOCKER (both of which I was using) may cause problems. ADBLOCKER was the primary suspect (it really hogs resources) - and low and behold - after quickly UNINSTALLING ADBLOCKER = PERFECT SOUND.  I am really glad I persevered with this as MB is a fantastic music player and so much better than iTunes.

Two other TIPS FOR ANDROID :  MB doesn't have an Android version, but I had DoubleTwist on my mobile (previously synced with iTunes). DoubleTwist has a much better user interface and display of your music library than most Android player. I transferred my MB music by USB to the Music folder on my mobile - and DoubleTwist picked up the whole library automatically and works perfectly. This is much quicker than previously using the DT snyc App on the PC - and it is better and cleaner - previously not all artwork was picked up and I often had to edit metadata on my mobile to stop albums being split up.

MusicBee Remote is also a fantastic App to use to remotely control MB on your PC from the comfort of you sofa :-).  I hope this helps!

recordinghumorous

Hey all. I've been having issues with my music stuttering after awhile. Sometimes I can't even make it through an album without it getting stuck. I've found some people with a similar issue, but I can't seem to fix it

I've monitored my CPU and RAM usage while the stuttering occurs and it's not that. I've tried increasing the buffer size and also loading the whole track before playing and that didn't work. I've tried toggling the 32-bit output and that didn't work.

Could it be that I have the music on a separate internal harddrive and MusicBee is installed on the SSD? No one else seems to have that issue.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your music stuttering. It can be frustrating when you're trying to enjoy your favorite tunes and technical issues get in the way.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, it sounds like you've covered many of the typical causes of music stuttering. That being said, it's possible that the issue could be related to the fact that your music is stored on a separate internal hard drive while MusicBee is installed on the SSD.

One thing you could try is moving your music files onto the same drive as MusicBee and seeing if that resolves the issue. It's also possible that there could be an issue with the hard drive itself, so you may want to consider running a diagnostic test on the drive to ensure that it's functioning properly.

Another potential solution could be to try a different media player to see if the issue persists. If you're still experiencing stuttering with a different player, then it's more likely that the issue is related to your system configuration or hardware.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and that you're able to get your music playing smoothly again soon.
Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 04:25:08 PM by phred

hiccup

Hey all. I've been having issues with my music stuttering after awhile. Sometimes I can't even make it through an album without it getting stuck. I've found some people with a similar issue, but I can't seem to fix it.inserted commercial link removed

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your music stuttering. It can be frustrating when you're trying to enjoy your favorite tunes and technical issues get in the way.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, it sounds like you've covered many of the typical causes of music stuttering. That being said, it's possible that the issue could be related to the fact that your music is stored on a separate internal hard drive while MusicBee is installed on the SSD.

One thing you could try is moving your music files onto the same drive as MusicBee and seeing if that resolves the issue. It's also possible that there could be an issue with the hard drive itself, so you may want to consider running a diagnostic test on the drive to ensure that it's functioning properly.

Another potential solution could be to try a different media player to see if the issue persists. If you're still experiencing stuttering with a different player, then it's more likely that the issue is related to your system configuration or hardware.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and that you're able to get your music playing smoothly again soon.
I'm wondering, could this (already) be some sort of a chat-gpt spambot?
If so, things are moving faster than I already feared.

phred

• Global Moderator
Because of the new reply to this thread, I noticed the OP included spam links. I removed the links and banned the user especially since they haven't logged since they posted the spam. I'm fairly certain the purpose of the OP was to get the spam out there as the post seems to be copied from an older post.

I am now going to lock this thread. If anyone has a problem with this, please PM me.
Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 06:13:01 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I suspect that might be the case as i deleted a post last night that looked like a generated rewording of the original post and included a spam link

phred

• Global Moderator
Show me a post from the musicbee forum

I apologize, but as an AI language model, I don't have access to the internet to browse specific websites or forums. However, I can give you an idea of what a post on the MusicBee forum might look like and what kind of topics people discuss there.

MusicBee is a popular music player and management software, and its official forum has a thriving community of users who share their experiences, tips, and troubleshooting solutions. Here is an example of a post that a user might make on the MusicBee forum:

Subject: MusicBee won't play certain audio files

Message: Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting some of my audio files to play in MusicBee. They are all in MP3 format, but for some reason, MusicBee gives me an error message saying that it can't play them. I've tried re-downloading the files, converting them to other formats, and even reinstalling MusicBee, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions for how to fix it?

In response to this post, other MusicBee users might chime in with their own suggestions, such as checking the file's properties to ensure they are not corrupted, installing the necessary codecs to play the files, or tweaking MusicBee's playback settings. The MusicBee forum is a helpful resource for anyone looking to get the most out of this powerful music player.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here