Author Topic: Musicbee Running Unknown Background Tasks on Startup  (Read 1378 times)

RTesla

Anyone know how to see what background tasks Musicbee is running?

Everytime I start musicbee now, it's running some background task continuously.  If I try to close musicbee, I get the warning there are background tasks still running. There's the little button with a cross in the bottom left of the status bar which if I click stops the background tasks.

Trying to figure out what background tasks could be running on startup. I have no folders to be scanned on startup and cannot for the life of me figure why this has started happening.

Any help appreciated!

chrislaw

• world's biggest MusicBee simp
I too am experiencing this issue. FWIW my music library's files (not the metadata but the tracks themselves) are stored on a poor man's NAS, aka OpenMediaVault running on an old laptop haha. I wonder if it's due to that, or related (I doubt it helps)

Anyway just adding my whine to the complaint pile

At this point though, after 15 years in iTunes hell, MusicBee could cut my legs off and it would still be a 5 star app for me.

phred

• Global Moderator
MB is probably scanning your library.
Preferences > Library > monitored folders > [scan on startup only] OR [continuously monitor]
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

verm71

Thought I'd give some insight on some discovery I've made regarding a similar problem.

I always had a hanging task at startup, and it was usually indicated in the status bar at the bottom of MusicBee (I use Midnight Blue skin) by the last track I played.  I prevents any other background tasks from continuing, or MusicBee from closing.

I noticed that if I disable the MusicBee Remote plugin, for me it clears it up.  MusicBee no longer starts locked up in a hung task named after the last track I played.

phred

• Global Moderator
I noticed that if I disable the MusicBee Remote plugin, for me it clears it up.  MusicBee no longer starts locked up in a hung task named after the last track I played.
You should post this in the thread for the plugin so that the developer can see, and possible fix it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

verm71

the thread for the plugin so that the developer can see, and possible fix it.

Thanks for that. It led me to notice that there's a dot-dot release (I was on 1.4.0, and the latest was 1.4.1) which seems to resolve it!