Author Topic: Player preference"add silence at the end of each track" not working consistently  (Read 1600 times)

milLR

Hi All,
I have seen that the issue I am facing has been reported since years but I could not find a way to fix it in the answers given.

The "add silence at the end of each track"  feature works inconsistantly.

"add silence at the end of each track" ticked with eg 4 sec enabled this works perfect on some tracks and on some others does not work : then MB skips instantly to the next track of the playlist without any significant pause.
I cannot find a pattern for this behaviour, it seems random
it is not linked to the remove silence at begining /end being ticked or not
It is not linked to the buffer to the output device
It is not linked to the fact that the track / edit/ settings start/end times are manually nor automatically changed

I now think it could be due to the music file itself ????
What could be wrong and how can I check it beforehand (and solve...) ???

This file always skips to the next
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv9uc0oj7hy2pbk/Alfredo%20De%20Angelis-El%20Chanar%C2%A31945%C2%A3Instrumental%C2%A3Tango%C2%A34.9%20MB.mp3?dl=0

When this one respects the 4 seconds pause in my settings
https://www.dropbox.com/s/alr4a3w50ahekzn/De%20Angelis%20Alfredo-Dejame%20As%C3%AD%C2%A31943%C2%A3Floreal%20Ruiz%C2%A3Tango%C2%A34.1%20MB.mp3?dl=0

I thought it could have been caused by artwork but it seems that this is not the cause :
my settings are to embed the image in the music files but I do have some files with "loose" covers :

el chanar has a separate cover file in the folder

Dejame asi has the picture embedded (but the same image is also "loose" in the album folder)

After embedding the el chanar into the file, this music file still skips direct to the next track...

Please help !
thank you

A parte : I am also a tango DJ ( we seem to be several TDJs with this unresolved issue, and musicbee is gaining popularity in the TDJ world...) and this is a very important feature for DJing tango ( we never fade in /out tracks) and timing beetween tracks is very important. not having a reliable function keeps us at the desk while we would love dancing to the music...

SAJenkins

One thing we discovered is that if the track was recorded at slower than a 112 bitrate (under Edit> Properties), we would have this problem too. We located other recordings done at a higher bitrate and solved many of the specific problem tracks that way.    However, this is not the complete solution, and like you, we continue to have intermittent instances of skipping the silence.