Author Topic: 3.4.7942 BUG... "Track Information" is not removed when removing all files.  (Read 2882 times)

leeuniverse

When you remove all tracks and the playlist (select all, delete, and clear list), the bottom right section of Track Information remains.
Further, upon restart, that information shows up again, but also in the Playlist, even though I "cleared the playlist before restart.

See the below pic...

Also, I did this several times with the "stable" release 78**...  However, I didn't notice this happening, though I wasn't overly paying attention, so maybe it did, but I think I would have noticed it?  So, might want to verify whether it's a new bug or not with beta.

Thanks

sveakul

leeuniverse

try Tools/Advanced/Compress Library, and restart MB after running it.

Why?  There's not supposed to be a "Library" due to my deleting ALL files from the database.
So, that's a pointless exercise.  I'm reporting a bug, a file/playlist item is still being listed when all files/playlists are supposed to be deleted.

I mean, sure, maybe I'll get rid of it running your compression thing, if that's what you're trying to have me do, but it doesn't hurt anything.
It's just something that shouldn't exist after deleting all files from the database.  So, just reporting a bug.

But thank you for trying.

hiccup

Why?  There's not supposed to be a "Library" due to my deleting ALL files from the database.
It doesn't look like you actually deleted the files. If you did, that song wouldn't show under 'Playing Tracks'.

Steven

• Administrator

leeuniverse

Why?  There's not supposed to be a "Library" due to my deleting ALL files from the database.
It doesn't look like you actually deleted the files. If you did, that song wouldn't show under 'Playing Tracks'.

What, you want me to make a "video" for you PROVING I selected ALL files and DELETED them in both the Main Window and the Playlist Window?
And then after doing that the bottom right image remains, and then upon Restart of the program there is ALSO the item in the Playlist window when it wasn't there after being deleted?
I tested this several times...  Not going to make a video just for your skepticism.

leeuniverse

Everything described in the OP is how i would expect MB to behave

Huh...?
So you expect file data to remain after it's ALL deleted?

I mean, reading the help files, Selecting All/Delete is how you've said the database is "cleared", so I did that.  The playlist isn't clearing ONE file.
So, I don't understand your statement?