Author Topic: "Stop after track" in a long queue makes MusicBee open to the first instance  (Read 3203 times)

SonicRings

I've noticed this for well over a year but never bothered to report it because I felt like I was to blame for this, and that no normal person would ever encounter it. I never remove songs from the queue, you see.

Well I've found myself no longer using this function as intended as a result: instead, I'd use it, then press play, then immediately stop again, to assure it doesn't affect me. At which point I might as well just press stop after the next song starts, but I digress.

The issue is, if you have the same song in your queue more than once, closing MusicBee immediately after using Stop After Track will make MusicBee open on the first instance of the track the next time you open it. So if I have a track in queue position 50, 500, and 4103, and I use Stop After Track after listening to it in queue position 4103, then close MusicBee, the next time I open it it will start at that same track but in position 50.

I know this doesn't affect many people, but it is still very much a bug, so I figured I'd report it. Hopefully it isn't too hard to fix it.

3.4.7939 P
Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 09:44:37 AM by SonicRings

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
As a workaround, are you aware that there's a setting to trim the played tracks list to a certain length?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SonicRings

Yes. I just want my queue to be stupidly long. It's how I prefer to use the software.

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce this issue or see how it would not be working, so can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

SonicRings

i cant reproduce this issue or see how it would not be working, so can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
Sure, here it is: https://gist.github.com/Rings4/100d8a9c79a35e73b6d9f65c69f741f9

Steven

• Administrator

SonicRings

Strange. Here's a rundown on how to reproduce it in case you missed something:

Queue maybe 500 songs (I don't know if there's a minimum amount or not)
Queue one song twice, at 2 different positions (eg. 100 and 400)
Play the song at position 400
Activate "stop after track"
When the track ends and playback fully stops, close musicbee
Open musicbee
Hit play
The song at position 100 will play

This has been happening throughout my entire use of this software, hopefully you're able to reproduce it this time.

Steven

• Administrator
"stop after track" should go to the following track and not play it. So on restart it will be pointing to the new track and be the one that plays when clicking the Play button.
So even as you have you reported is not following what i would expect nor could reproduce with your settings

SonicRings

"stop after track" should go to the following track and not play it. So on restart it will be pointing to the new track and be the one that plays when clicking the Play button.
So even as you have you reported is not following what i would expect nor could reproduce with your settings
I'm now trying to replicate it myself and it doesn't seem to be happening here either, oddly enough. Looks like it requires a longer listening session for it to occur, because it always happens after the program's been open and playing for over an hour.

And I agree, it should be pointing to the next track. I must have remembered incorrectly and thus explained incorrectly. As a correction: it will stop at the start of the next track, and then when re-opened, will be on that track but at an earlier position. Not the track you just listened to, but the one after it. It's easiest to replicate by queuing the same album in 2 different positions, assuming of course the bug decides to replicate itself in the first place.

I'll try to record my screen the next time I close musicbee after a long session and after using the "stop after track" function to hopefully see if I can get footage of it, because it's been happening throughout my entire experience with this player, though I'm not sure how that would be helpful in figuring out a solution tbh.

It's not too big of a deal either way, but it is a minor inconvenience that's quite annoying to encounter when you don't expect it and don't realize it's happened until you start hearing some old songs you haven't listened to in months start playing. Sometimes finding the position you're supposed to be at is quite difficult if you're supposed to be at eg. queue 41689 out of 43029.

I'll post back if I manage to replicate it on video. Thanks for your efforts thus far!