Author Topic: Out of Memory Exception  (Read 3753 times)

iconoclastxvii

I've been getting an OutOfMemoryException for the past week or so. I was originally on 3.3.7491.38139D, but then updated to the latest to see if that would fix the issue, but it did not. I did not make any changes to anything in MusicBee (settings wise) before this started happening, just had been adding music like I normally would. Any ideas?

Code
9/30/2021 11:40:24 AM - 10.0.19043.0 - 3.4.7805.33439D - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.writeTagInfo()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.ReceiveNotification(String sourceFileUrl, NotificationType type)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zlFwaJ1S_oYR_8J8laA==.#=zARNNEqVc$Cnu()

Edit:
Right after posting this, I looked at the stack trace and noticed the "at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.writeTagInfo()". I've disabled this for now, to see if it fixes the issue. Still not sure why this would just start happening now, though. I've had this plugin for at least a year.
Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 08:05:34 PM by iconoclastxvii

phred

• Global Moderator
It would be helpful if you told us:
- What plugin did you disable?
- Did that fix the issue?

If it did not fix the issue, try disabling uninstalling all plugins, closing MB, and then restarting it. Then add each plugin back one-by-one. Be sure to exit and restart MB after each plugin is reinstalled. Once you find the culprit, post the issue in the plugin's thread so the developer can see it and perhaps address the issue.
Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 07:00:02 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

iconoclastxvii

Ah, my bad, thought "writeLogInfo" was the name of the plugin. Plugin is "Now Playing to External Files". I did disable it, but did not restart after disabling, and the issue still happened. I have now made sure it was disabled and restarted to test again. It sometimes does take an hour or two for it to get the exception, but will report back once I see what happens.

Will post in the plugin's thread if I do find out that a plugin was an issue. Thank you!

iconoclastxvii

I have disabled every plug in, and restarted a few times, but am still getting the crashes with the same error in the error log.

phred

• Global Moderator
Please copy and paste the latest entries from the error log. The entries that happened after you disabled all the plugins.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

I have disabled every plug in, and restarted a few times, but am still getting the crashes with the same error in the error log.
Try "physically" moving all the plugins from the Plugins subdirectory with Windows File Explorer instead of just disabling them, then moving them back one-by-one and testing.

phred

• Global Moderator
Try "physically" moving all the plugins from the Plugins subdirectory with Windows File Explorer instead of just disabling them, then moving them back one-by-one and testing.
My bad. I did say "disable" when in fact I meant "uninstall." I have edited my initial reply to reflect the correction.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

You are using a somewhat older version of MusicBee.
I have no grounds to think that it pertains to your issue or that updating will solve it, but it would be good to update to the most recent version anyway.
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Steven

• Administrator
The things that i am aware of that can cause this issue:
- UpNP plugin
- VST plugin, but using the latest version of the plugin fixes the issue
- having a large library with a lot of metadata eg. > 200,000 tracks. See https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22778.0

if its not the last, then something that involves very large picture files will likely be a factor.

iconoclastxvii

Looks like it was the "Now Playing to External Files" plugin - I haven't had the issue since removing that from the plugins directory. Thank you for the help, everyone!

phred

• Global Moderator
Looks like it was the "Now Playing to External Files" plugin
Just to complete the circle, you should post the error message and your findings in the plugin's thread so the developer can follow-up on it. Do note however, that the developer hasn't been on the since this past July.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

iconoclastxvii

Looks like it was the "Now Playing to External Files" plugin
Just to complete the circle, you should post the error message and your findings in the plugin's thread so the developer can follow-up on it. Do note however, that the developer hasn't been on the since this past July.

Done. And yeah, not a huge deal if it doesn't get fixed. I haven't really been needing its functionality. Thanks again for the help!