Author Topic: batch export of playlists  (Read 983 times)

ry1633

HI all,  I am new here.  I am using MusicBee to export playlists to my Sony Walkman NWA45.   I have about 300 playlists and it takes me more than 30 minutes to export them all one at a time.   I see that they are all in my Music/MusicBee folder as .mbp files.  Is there a batch converter to convert them to .m3u so I can load them all into my Walkman unit?

phred

• Global Moderator
.mbp files (MusicBeePlaylist) are proprietary files for use within MB.

I can think of a couple of ways to accomplish what you're looking for and other forum members may come up with other methods.

1- Create a virtual device and sync the playlists to the 'device' and do an on-the-fly conversion to .m3u. Then take the converted files and put them on your Walkman by whatever method you're using.

2- Preferences > Library > playlists > exported playlists and set the path and format for the exports. Then edit each playlist manually and ensure that "automatically export a static copy" is enabled. As you 'save' each edited playlist it will be exported to the path you created in settings. From that point onward the playlist would get automatically exported whenever there's a change to it.
Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:13:42 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ry1633

Your 2nd option sounds like what I need.   It would be really nice if you could select more than one playlist at a time and apply the settings to a group of them instead of one by one.  Oh well, perhaps something to suggest to the powers that be.