Author Topic: Allow multiple checkboxes to be selected in Filter Buttons  (Read 4871 times)

purplebee

Hi,
There's a very great and useful feature that I recently started using, Toolbar Filter Buttons. For those who don't know what these are (as I haven't seen this discussed much at all), below this post I've added some screenshots showing how I've set them up.

Currently these buttons only allow 1 checkbox to be selected at a time. My suggestion is to allow multiple checkboxes to be selected, to allow the filters to show tracks with both 4 and 5 stars, for instance.

purplebee

You can select more than one by pressing [Ctrl].
Wow, I never thought to try this. Thank you for the info!

To any mod reading this, feel free to delete this topic or move it elsewhere (to Questions perhaps). Sorry for making a suggestion for something already implemented.

hiccup

I think this probably is a viable wish, since for a checkbox interface I don't think it is proper to have the requirement to press [Ctrl] to check more than one box.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think this probably is a viable wish, since for a checkbox interface I don't think it is proper to have the requirement to press [Ctrl] to check more than one box.
Most definitely. The default behaviour should be to add checked options to previous selections. No one would expect otherwise.
And ideally the first option should be something like [Reset] to uncheck all options at once.

I can't tell work out what determines the possible filter fields. I can see a couple of my custom tags but not others.
And if it's possible to have virtual tags too that would really open up more possibilities.
Bee excellent to each other...

hiccup

I can't tell work out what determines the possible filter fields. I can see a couple of my custom tags but not others.
And if it's possible to have virtual tags too that would really open up more possibilities.

If you set the 'type' for a virtual (or custom) tag to 'enumerated' it will become available for this quick filtering.

purplebee

While it's a bit unconventional, I think it's useful so you can deselect everything quickly by clicking twice in any checkbox.
But what would be even more useful is having buttons for "Select All" and "Unselect all".

Steven

• Administrator
For the next update i have changed it to be multi-select.
I will look at including select all/ unselect all functionality as well