Author Topic: How to remove monitored folder from list? Recursive folder tree specification?  (Read 1881 times)

pstein

In the past I defined in Library--->"monitored folders" a folder which does not exist any more.

How can I remove this entry?

I miss a "delete" button.

Furthermore I miss a "monitor folder tree recursively" checkbox which let me define only the top node of a directory tree to let MB monitor everything inside.

Currently I have to specify ALL folders as separated entries.

Is "recursive" flag somehow possible? Or can this feature be added in the next release?

BTW: the monitored folder textbox shows only 2 lines at a time. Resizing is not possible and scrolling difficult.
Can this monitored folder list text entryfield by enlarged to lets say at least 5 lines?

phred

• Global Moderator
In the past I defined in Library--->"monitored folders" a folder which does not exist any more.

I miss a "delete" button.

Assuming the directory no longer exists because you removed/deleted it from the file system:
1- Using a file explorer create the directory that no longer exists EXACTLY the was it was spelled and in the same location as it was.
2- Preferences > Library > Monitored folders > Choose folders and then uncheck the directory you no longer want to see.
3- Then delete the directory you created in step 1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

pstein

@phred:

Thank you for this workaround:

However this procedure is really weired and strange.

I expected a much more smarter way: If MusicBee detects (at stratup) that a monitored folder is no longer existing
then it should AUTOMATICALLY remove the folder.
With or without warning popup.

That would be the "normal" way.

Can this be implemented in the next release?

phred

• Global Moderator
Can this be implemented in the next release?
Perhaps, but you'll have to wait for Steven to weigh in. I'm just a user same as you.

Or maybe someone knows of a different way to accomplish this.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Open the "choose folders" setting. Save. Any folders that no longer exist will be removed.

Furthermore I miss a "monitor folder tree recursively" checkbox which let me define only the top node of a directory tree to let MB monitor everything inside.

Currently I have to specify ALL folders as separated entries.

Is "recursive" flag somehow possible? Or can this feature be added in the next release?

I'm not sure I understand this. When I choose a folder in monitored folders, all subfolders are automatically selected. You can also choose specific folders to exclude, if necessary.
Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:05:27 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)