Author Topic: musicbee does remove/change the tag lyrics if i rate a song or use the tagger  (Read 5376 times)

gaiastar

hi
i'm running musicbee 3.4.7805 , i have ripped Uriah Heep's Salisbury album , mp3 320k encoded with lame
and all the songs have sync lyrics with the tag LYRICS

I have rated some songs and musicbee  3.4.7805  did remove/change the tag LYRICS

i have to re-add lyrics for all the songs i have rated , i guess it does happen with the tag editor too , i'm not 100% sure but i have changed the GENRE of an album and i lost all the lyrics

is there a bug?

thanks
here a screenshot of the song after rating and after re-download lyrics

before changed the the GENRE

after change the Genre
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to a zip of a couple of files with them Lyrics tag still present?

gaiastar

can you send me a link to a zip of a couple of files with them Lyrics tag still present?
Hi
yes ,i have sent via pm
thanks Steven

Steven

• Administrator
this one is a bit grey.
the file had sychronised lyrics but they are not stored in the sychronised lyrics tag for mp3 files ie. SYLT is where synchronised lyrics should be stored but in this case its in TXXX/LYRICS
as such MB treats the tag as unsychronised lyrics on loading
and when saving moves the lyrics to USLT
So the lyrics are not removed, just moved to a different tag.
Even if i added logic to detect its really synchronised lyrics, it would still get moved to SYLT

By the way, if you only rate songs i dont think the tag would have changed - its only when you do a full edit

gaiastar

this one is a bit grey.
the file had sychronised lyrics but they are not stored in the sychronised lyrics tag for mp3 files ie. SYLT is where synchronised lyrics should be stored but in this case its in TXXX/LYRICS
as such MB treats the tag as unsychronised lyrics on loading
and when saving moves the lyrics to USLT
So the lyrics are not removed, just moved to a different tag.
Even if i added logic to detect its really synchronised lyrics, it would still get moved to SYLT

By the way, if you only rate songs i dont think the tag would have changed - its only when you do a full edit
hi
should I change the tag SYLT for sync lyrics and not LYRICS ?
i guess LYRICS tag is used by foobar and other players and musicbee can read it correctly
musicbee change the tags even when I rate a song
thanks Steven
Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 02:58:26 PM by gaiastar

frankz

gaiastar

FYI, this means something different than you probably intended.  :)
hi
no , what does it mean ? just wanted to say love musicbee
by the way even mp3tag does not recognize the tag SYLT , even Tagscanner does not recognize the tag SYLT
i don't know other audio tagger
it's really a problem for my the lyrics , because It take a lot to download the right lyrics , think about of an entire collection
thanks
Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:28:11 PM by gaiastar

frankz

It means that you "make love to" Musicbee!

It's a subtle difference.  People say they're "a lover of xxxxxxxx"  or a "xxxxxx lover," that means one thing (what you meant).  If they say they're "xxxxxxxx's lover," that's another thing.  It's the possessive "'s" that changes the meaning.
Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:40:15 PM by frankz

gaiastar

It means that you "make love to" Musicbee!

It's a subtle difference.  People say they're "a lover of xxxxxxxx"  or a "xxxxxx lover," that means one thing (what you meant).  If they say they're "xxxxxxxx's lover," that's another thing.  It's the possessive "'s" that changes the meaning.
hi Frankz
i have changed it  :-[  :-[
thank  you!

@Steven
mp3tag and Tagscanner don't recognize the tag SYLT
i don't know other tagger
an i know only few audio player musicbee , foobar2000 and aimp (both  read sync lyrics in the tag LYRICS)
musicbee read correctly the sync stored in the tag LYRICS
could be added an option to recognize  as sync lyrics ?
at least i don't lost them
thanks
Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 04:14:43 PM by gaiastar

sveakul

gaiastar: the Kid3 3.8.7 tagger (the best tagger nobody heard of) supports both adding and timestamp editing of SYLT frames;  download its handbook at https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kid3/kid3/kid3.pdf and check section 3.1.9, "Synchronized Lyrics and Event Timing Codes" for a detailed guide.

gaiastar

gaiastar: the Kid3 3.8.7 tagger (the best tagger nobody heard of) supports both adding and timestamp editing of SYLT frames;  download its handbook at https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kid3/kid3/kid3.pdf and check section 3.1.9, "Synchronized Lyrics and Event Timing Codes" for a detailed guide.

Hi
i did not know kid3 , i'm trying right now ,but seems more complicated then mp3tag ,Tagscanner ,musicbee and foobar2000 with mastagger component
i guess i won't use musicbee to rate a song or the tagger even it's very very powerfull
thanks

Steven

• Administrator
i was just trying this again and it does look like the lyrics can be removed as described in the original post, so i will try to figure out why it works some times and not other times.
What I find strange is neither mp3Tag or foobar support SYLT for synchronised lyrics as thats the standard tag
They do both support USLT for unsynched lyrics.
Given the lack of support for SYLT i will change MB to write both SYLT and TXXX/LYRICS for synced lyrics
Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 10:26:41 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the bug and also now write SYLT tag and also TXXX/LYRICS for synchronised lyrics

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

gaiastar

this should fix the bug and also now write SYLT tag and also TXXX/LYRICS for synchronised lyrics

Hi Steven
thanks , I will try as soon as I can , and I will keep you posted

gaiastar

hi
seems to work
Steven , i know I 'm asking a non sense request
could be fixed in 3.2.6827 portable version too?
i'm using the last version , but often there are computer still with w7 at work , disconnected from internet , and in my case i can't udgrade framework 4.7
i know microsoft killed w7 ,but it's nice to have musicbee on a usb3 and play some music at work
thanks