Author Topic: Permenantly Adjust The Volume Of An Album Or Track By A Certain Amount  (Read 2004 times)

Thalion Korvhas

Every so often, I run across an album that has average peak volumes of -6 or -7 dB. Usually these are remastered SACD Hi-def, etc modern remasters. Well, that is way too low a volume for rock, etc. Around -2 to -1 is better for modern ears as long as the RMS does not go below 13ish.

Say that I want to permenantly adjust the volume for each track by exactly +5 dB. As I can see it, there is no easy way to do this in MusicBee. I did it the following way, track by track.
Starting out with an album in lossless format:
1) Send each track, one by one to the volume analysis and add +5 dB. This writes replay gain tags.
2) Send the adjusted tracks one by one to the format converter. I check the "permenantly adjust volume" & "tracks to the same volume" checked.
3) I verify with foobar DR plugin that the tracks volume are permenatly adjusted - they are.

If you do not do this track by track, MusicBee will adjust the volume relative to the album or all tracks selected, because that simply is the only options available. I wish there as an option to only adjust a group of tracks only by a specified amount.

Is there a better way to do this in MusicBee?

SonicRings

Thalion Korvhas

You can right-click the album and click edit, then go to its settings tab:

This is not a permanent volume adjustment. It only applies to the tracks while they are playing in MusicBee.

SonicRings

You can right-click the album and click edit, then go to its settings tab:

This is not a permanent volume adjustment. It only applies to the tracks while they are playing in MusicBee.
Ah, I didn't realize you wanted the volume to be adjusted outside of MusicBee as well. Nevermind then.