Author Topic: some files are not imported  (Read 1960 times)

merlinsilk

Hi,
I probably lack some understanding on how to work with MB, but I don't fire this out so I thought I better ask  :-)    (I did read whatever I could find)
I added a folder to my audiobook folder called Nassim Nicholas Taleb (a new author)
In this I created two folders for the two new books "Nassim Nicholas Taleb - Black Swan" and "Nassim Nicholas Taleb - Antifragile - (Joe Ochman) -  2012 - 64kbs"
The first one contains 25 m4b files named like  "01 Black Swan - Introduction.m4b"
The second has 10 mp3 files named similar to "01 Antifragile (Part 1) Section 1.mp3"
Then I say in MB File >> Scan Folder for new files  and select the folder  "Nassim Nicholas Taleb" to import the new audio books into my library.
When I then search my library for 'taleb' only the book Antifragile show up, the other book with the m4b files does not show.
When I click on my "Music" tab and then go down to Windows (C) and navigate to the folder for Black Swan, I can see all the m4b files and can play them, but they are not added to the library.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Merlin

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you checked your inbox or the audio books sections of the library? Sometimes audiobooks are moved automatically based on tags identifying them as audiobooks.

Also, try searching for them in the search bar (be sure to search Entire Library). If you display the Category column it should say where they are.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tangotonyb

View them in the folder as you are doing, but right click on the column headers and set displayed fields - Add Category to the displayed list.

Category can have one of three values, Music, Inbox, None. Music means it's in the library.

You can move files into the Library by right clicking on the file and selecting Send To => Music Library.

Mike89

I added a folder to my audiobook folder called Nassim Nicholas Taleb (a new author)

One of the best if not best Arab author!