Author Topic: Ignore diacritics applies to duplicate matching and middle-click search  (Read 3294 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When I ran the duplicate manager last night and then looked at what it hadn't caught, it was almost all because of different apostrophes. I'd like the duplicate manager to treat all variations on apostrophes and single quotes the same.

Also when doing a middle-click search diacritics are not ignored. Searching for Will Glahé does not match Will Glahe, etc.

(This also applies to sorting although custom sorting is a workaround for that.)
Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 06:05:45 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mrbenn

+1

Duplicate finding is a nightmare when all it finds are 100% matches for a given tag - commas, ampersands, quotes, typos all break it.

Some features like "Tag is n% match" "Ignore X/Y character(s)" or "First N chars match" would solve most of the issues I have with it.

Edit: also a "if there are >N duplicates in a folder, include that entire folder" option.
Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:49:56 PM by mrbenn

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's another issue I have with some tracks being tagged with "the" and some not - like Beatles vs The Beatles. But at least I know if I go get them tagged correctly from MusicBrainz that wont be an issue anymore. On the other hand, you can have multiple versions of the same track from MusicBrainz and some will have the straight '. and some will have a unicode apostrophe or open/close single quotes. Just depends on whether someone who worries about exact typographical characters has gotten to them or not.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)