Author Topic: [v3.4.7805] Album Covers view scrolling bug  (Read 4245 times)

MetalLover

Hello,

I'm loving MusicBee since years and recently I'm using the Album Covers view. I'm enjoying it, but it has an annoying bug concerning how scrolling is handled.
It works fine untill I open an album panel by clicking on the album itself (see screen)

Album Covers View

While the panel is open, the scrolling is not smooth anymore. It "jumps" to skip the album panel, making it hard to navigate through tracks for big albums composed of more than 2 discs.

Dunno if I explained myself enough, but more than willing to provide more info if needed.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
not sure i understand and cant think of anyone reporting something similar.
how are you doing the scrolling?

leeuniverse

Dunno if I explained myself enough, but more than willing to provide more info if needed.

Use a FREE "Screen Recorder" (Google one) and then upload it to YouTube or otherwise so the Devs can see the issue.

MetalLover

Thanks for answering.

Here is a screen recording of the issue. I'm using the mouse wheel to do all the scrolling, except when I'm clearly dragging the scrollbar.

Screen recording hosted as GIF on Onedrive (It might take a while for the preview to be shown, the file is quite large)

As you can see, if I scroll down, it just jumps to next line of albums instead of a doing a smooth scrolling, and that might be ok (although it feels kinda clunky), but that behaviour makes multidisc albums difficult to navigate, because if I scroll down, it just jumps to the next line of albums, ignoring that I want to see tracks that are not visible on screen.

MetalLover

I hate to up this thread, but... any confirmation on this one?

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
The mouse wheel scrolls in increments of the picture height and when the expanded panel is open, there can be a jump to keep that alignment.
I dont plan to change that