Author Topic: How can I edit the file that I choose "grouping" Tag from, and where is it ??  (Read 234 times)

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
I have searched this forum for almost an hour and could not find the answer I am looking for...
Can anyone help me please?
When I type a few letters into the "grouping" field in the "Edit" dialog box, a dropdown menu auto selects some choices, however, I have at some several points just hit Enter and mistakenly ADDED the few letters to the "List"  ... I just want to remove those mistakes, so I need to know what file and where it resides, so I can Edit IT.

LOVE this App, a buddy of mine uses MediaMonkey and says he has too much time and money invested in it to switch now, but agrees that MusicBee seem better in many respects.

Steven

• Administrator
the values in the drop-down are based on values in all files from your library and inbox, so to remove the values you dont want you need to update the relevant files which can be found using Ctrl-F advanced search

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
Ah, I see, so now I checked out the 18 "groups" I have, and there were 19, one of which was named "se" - which is the one I wanted to remove. All the others are representing actual folders - by name, but the "se" one was NOT an actual folder, just a designation in the List on the Left sidebar, to me LOOKING like a folder.
When I clicked on it it had only 1 song associated with it, and THAT song had the "grouping" TAG of "se" !!!
So I corrected that TAG and the "se" Group disappeared... both from the Left sidebar and from the dropdown list from which I would choose the "grouping" {actual folder} a song would belong in/to.
Thank You so much for your help Sir, I really do LOVE this App !!!